“Along came a spider.......”

Loepsinger Gate Tower
Reviewed 18 March 2015

I'm not trying to let my phobias get in the way of writing an honest review of an attraction, but it's really hard to ignore my experience of the city walls when it was covered in spiders and cobwebs, please remember though this is coming from the poster child for arachnaphobia. I'm not sure if it was the time of year, time of day or what, but the wood frame was covered in them. It was particularly noticeable when the sun would shine through the slats and show the webs in all their glory. Being extremely arachnaphobic I would've enjoyed this much more if I wasn't rushing through it. When I did manage to take my focus away from the creepy crawlies I thought the views were quite lovely and would say that it is worth a visit. I appreciate the fact that I got some therapy time out of this attraction as I made it right to the end....probably in record time but right to the end nonetheless.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"views"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 6 January 2015

This town is lovely--it's nice that the wall is completely in tact so you are able to walk all the way around it and enjoy the views. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 19 October 2014

There are a number of towers and bastions on the intact walls of Nordlingen. It is lovely to walk the length of the walls always admiring the church of St Georg right in the centre. There is a cafe with a little terrace and a museum to entertain one on the way around.

1  Thank susanwalsh
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Rally enjoyed a leisurely walk around the entire wall of the city, from the covered walkway on top of the wall. Picturesque and provided a great historical perspective of what it would be like in the medieval times with in the city.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 January 2013

As many of the major attractions of Nordlingen were closed between Christmas day and new year's day, we walked the wall. The museum at the gate was also closed when we visited. We took a leisurely hour to walk the wall. Took many photos. Interesting sections of wall and views.
Very easy walk, most of it under cover.

2  Thank born2travelcom