Lowest prices for your stay
$139
$134
Priceline$139
Hotels.com$139
Travelocity$139
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2015

This is our favorite place in Heidelberg.
Well worth the price.
A small hotel, the building is 400 years old an nicely restored.
The restaurant is wonderful. Excellent food at comparable prices. The decor is wonderful. Look for the vintage band instruments hanging over the tables.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jm2hilo
Reviewed May 28, 2015

Having been to Heidelberg twice before I knew exactly where the hotel was so was expecting some noise. Our room No 11 faced an inner square. It was so quiet. All the outside noise was blocked out and we slept with the window open.
The room had lots of space and a good amount of drawers and hanging space. The one draw back was the ensuite which could have done with being a little bit bigger. It was not possible to dry oneself in there as it was so tight on space even for average height persons. There was easily enough space in the bedroom area to accommodate a slightly bigger ensuite.The shower though was very good and it was all very clean. Wifi worked well too. No English TV channels which I don't care about but partner does!
Breakfast was included and there was more than enough things to choose from various breads, cold meats and cheese, cereals with fruit and yogurt and a limited hot food range which was replenished regularly.
Every member of staff we dealt with were very friendly.

Room tip: Room 11 was quiet
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2015

A small hotel (only 12 rooms). The good? An excellent location right by the old City Gate. The rooms are simply furnished, but clean. The bad? Six of the rooms face the street which is right over the hotel restaurant entrance as well as a café across the street and a gelato store. The noise level, even with the windows closed, is very high and as the hotel is not air conditioned you have to open the windows in warmer weather. They literally give you a package of ear plugs in the room. I have never been to a hotel with that before. There is a note in the room that basically says if it is too loud, lump it, and NEXT time ask for one of the quieter rooms at the back. The breakfast buffet was quite small and not replenished once people had been there, but overall was okay. If you can get a room on the inner side this would be an okay choice. If on the street, don't expect to sleep soundly.

Room tip: Get an inner room, especially in the warmer weather!
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2015

Oh my. This hotel is really overrated. I was shocked at the great reviews considering what we found. If you are looking for a good experience (I said good – not great) and are well traveled (outside of just Germany) then you will probably have a similar opinion. We stayed in Room 2. It’s notorious for the noise. The noise is the least of my compliant. The rude check in experience, the lack of communicating properly with guests, the dorm style room (my dorm was actually nicer in college), the mold in the shower…. Those would be my main complaints that explain my rating.

There are TONS of hotels located right around the corner from this hotel. I would highly recommend looking into those hotels. They looked very nice on the outside and very welcoming.

Pro

Location – It’s close to the Old Bridge and the old church. However, so are several other hotels that looked awesome and they don’t open up to the noisy drinking street.

Monica- Monica is one of the inn keepers who was there in the mornings. She was very sweet! If she was the person greeting guests at check-in, we likely would have started off with a much better impression.

Con

Location – while you are steps away from the bridge and the old church, you are on a party alley. Its filled with people drinking all day and all night. If you want to be in that setting – this is a perfect location for you.

Breakfast – no variety. Boring. It was bread. Boiled eggs. Scary looking sausage. Yogurt (plain – no flavoring either day). Cereal (and again – nothing exciting).

Noise – Room 2 is noisy and if you want to open the window – it doesn’t stop until after 1am. They give you ear plugs. Not really a problem – except you likely need to open the windows for air circulation.

The facility – There was a dirty towel cart outside of our room (room 2) and the next room over the entire time. Never moved. The would never have happened in the US – even in a budget hotel. The reception area is unwelcoming and dirty. The kitchen looked very dirty (see photo). I couldn’t bring myself to eat anything cooked after seeing the state of the kitchen at check-in.

Beds – uncomfortable. And if they tell you 4 people can fit in Room 2 – it’s a pull out couch and it’s uncomfortable. The “real” bed wasn’t much better.

Bathroom – there was mold in the shower. The shower curtain had pink obvious mold all over it. There is a reason US hotels don’t use shower curtains anymore – they get moldy.

In Germany, we have come to understand that there are a few things that are standard for hotels – 1. No air conditioning available in most – best of luck for those visiting in the heat of the summer – it was early May and it was already super stuffy in the room; 2. They don’t provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, etc. – bring your own samples you have collected – no exception here; 3. Most smaller places don’t have elevators so ask what floor your room would be on when you make a reservation – although there was an elevator here; 4. They don’t provide a warm and welcoming front desk experience like the states or Asia – it’s just not the place to really except to go to get directions and guidance on the area.

Room tip: I would highly recommend checking out the neighboring hotels including Villa Marstall and Hollaender Hof.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2015

Stopped for a nibble in between venues on a 'city tour!' Everybody with us had garlic soup except for me. I had the best bowl of hearty Potato Soup I have ever had. I wished I could have bottled it up and brought a gallon or two home with me. Those who had the Garlic Soup seemed to like it ... and after lunch it was easy for me to smell them out in a crowd. If the opportunity comes up I will spend the night on another trip through Heidelberg.

Date of stay: April 2015