“Simple Italian on the marktplatz”

Ristorante Da Michele
Ranked #13 of 72 Restaurants in Freudenstadt
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 June 2015

Stopped in for lunch while exploring Freudenstadt. Had a grilled vegetable pizza and bruschetta. All-in-all, the food was fairly typical for what you'd find at an Italian restaurant. I thought the prices were reasonable and service about average.

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed 5 May 2015

Surprised by the bad reviews this restaurant has recieved. We ate there on a week night and found the service to be excellent and attentive. We both had bruchetta although different styles and each was fresh, tasty and enjoyable. My mushroom pizza and my husband's pizza were both good. I thought the price was reasonable and the location the ideal place to be.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank ladybrr
Reviewed 22 April 2015

While driving around the Black Forest area we stopped in Freudenstadt for lunch. The location in the central square at the heart of the town is excellent and obviously easy to find.

Of the numerous restaurants in the vicinity it was the busiest (not counting the adjacent associated? Antica Gelateria dessert place). We were both very pleased with our lunches. I had a "chef's salad", my companion a pizza. Pricing was a bit high but definitely in line--even a little less--than what I've found to be the norm in the general Black Forest region.

If you are doing something similar to us--driving south from Baden-Baden via the "high road" with Freudenstadt your likely lunch destination--I certainly recommend Da Michele.

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank SwampeastMike
Reviewed 7 January 2015

Had dinner here on a week night with friends and according to one of them it's THE place to go for the best pizza in town. Well, if this actually is the best pizza in town then standards aren't exactly high. At best the pizza was average and certainly overpriced especually for the I fervor quality toppings. Especially the ham. Service wasn't great either, all 5 of us were sitting in front of empty glasses for quite some time before they noticed our signals. From what we experienced that night they need to decide whether to stick with high pricing and adjust their quality of ingredients accordingly or they keep the low quality and drop their prices. Don't think they last like this and we won't be back.

Date of visit: October 2014
2  Thank KeeweeKrout
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We visited this restaurant on the 9th of June 2014.It was a nice warm evening and the square outside was teeming with people. We went in, full of expectation, looking forward to a nice Italian pizza. The service was adequate. Unfortunately the pizza was a big let down. I ordered a pizza with gorgonzola and mozzarella cheese.The gorgonzola was undetectable by either taste, smell or sight and the mozzarella could be plainly made put with the help of a very powerful microscope. This was all very disappointing coming from an ITALIAN restaurant

Date of visit: June 2014