“Good German food in lovely setting”
Review of Langenwaldsee

Langenwaldsee
Ranked #12 of 69 Restaurants in Freudenstadt
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Ate on balcony with dog. Food good and plentiful, German wine excellent. Lovely setting with view of lake.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I went for one night. I was travelling by motorbike across Europe. I was very tired when I arrived ? And this place hit the spot.

Very very relaxing.

Rooms are ok, with a nice balcony overlooking the lake.
The spa is decently sized with a small pool and several saunas.
But why Germans insists on wearing speedos, and doing sauna naked (it was a uni-sex) is beyond me....

Restaurant food is good, although a little expensive if you don't have the pension option.

Staff was very friendly.

I'm tempted to go back one day.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Service was not good. They don't speak English or may not choose to. Food is full of salt. Was not made welcome because I was not German.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

A pre-Christmas celebration with friends provided a great experience visually and culinary wise. Food was great and the service impeccable. I have never seen such a quiet and orderly kitchen, it may be different when it is busier! Views of the kitchen are available from some restaurants.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

As we had "full-pension" in the hotel, we ate there every night. The food was good, the service very nice. As our visit was close to Valentines days, we took the Valentines dinner one night, and it really was very good. Much care to the courses, and nicely decorated table.