Hotel du Simplon
US$94
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$222
  • Restaurant
Hotelo(Lyon)(Great Value!)
US$63
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

US$434
  • Pool
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsperrache train stationlocked garagedecent breakfastsmall bathroomplace bellecoursuperior roomair conditioningold townfront desk stafftwo nightsshort stayexcellent hotelfranceruesquare
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stayed for a night whilst in Lyon. We've stayed close by before so it was a great location. Close to Perrache and the parking is nearby, at a cost of 16€ per night.

The room wasn't ready when we arrived but we did get there early. They kept the bags locked up for us. The room was clean and whilst it wasn't super spacious, we weren't planning to spend much time in it.

Check in was easy, staff friendly and the lobby area is very welcoming.

I would recommend and definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
hotel_du_simplon, Réceptionniste at Hotel du Simplon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice and detailed review.

We are glad you spend a good time in Lyon and appreciated our hotel.

You've pointed out our welcoming and friendly atmosphere and we are very happy about it. It is something we care about, thank you!

It was a pleasure to welcome you and we hope se will see you again,

Best regards,

Pia (réception)

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I should first say that this hotel is nicely located just a few minutes walk from the train station. The staff at the reception desk are both friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet the hotel offers is quite nice. The room I was given, however, was the worst that I have ever stayed in anywhere. I come to Europe every year and I know that the rooms tend to be a little on the small side, but my room at the Hotel du Simplon was beyond tiny. It was so small that the only pieces of furniture that you fit in there was a bed and a chair. There was no where to even hang up a coat so that your only option is to store all of your belongings on the floor. The bathroom was beyond ridiculous in that the shower was .60 meter wide (less than 2 feet) wide making bathing nearly impossible. For this they charged me 90 Euros. There is no possible way that I would ever consider returning here

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
hotel_du_simplon, Réceptionniste at Hotel du Simplon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Sir,

First of all, thank you for writing a review so we can improve and learn from our mistakes, even if it is hard for us to hear you did not enjoy your stay.

My colleagues and myself are passionate about our job mostly because we see our guests leaving the hotel happy and satisfied .
We like to hear we are part of this satisfaction and I thank you for this part of your message.

However, we would of like you to come down as soon as you arrived in order to explain us you did not appreciate the room.
We can understand it and we could of found another category of room available for you to spend a good time.

You had chosen an economic room and it was specified in the reservation that the bathroom was smaller.
Most of the hotels in Lyon were overbooked that Thursday and I can tell it was difficult to find a room less expensive.

We really hope to be able to receiving you another time in order to present you one of our superior room.

Thank you for writing us.

Best regards,

Pia

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Only stayed one night here but wished I’d stayed longer. I had a double room. It was clean & well maintained. Front desk staff were helpful, polite, and warm.

Small shower as to be expected in Europe but still functional and not a big issue.

Conveniently located close to Gare de Perrache but quiet... walkable distance to Vieux Lyon. Great value for price...

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
hotel_du_simplon, Responsable réception at Hotel du Simplon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Madam,

I am very happy to read your comment and I will share it tomorrow with my colleagues!

It is very nice to come back to us with such a positive feedback. We are very glad you appreciated your stay at the Simplon, especially our new rooms and our service. It is a real satisfaction to read all those compliments!

You effectively booked an economic room with a small bathroom. We would be happy to present you our other categories of room next time you come!

We hope to see you soon,

Pia (reception)

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Excellent front desk service and wheelchair accessible. The location is perfect. The bathroom has a roll-in shower. The room feels very French, not like a generic American hotel room. Highly recommend!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
hotel_du_simplon, Receptionist at Hotel du Simplon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for sharing your kind words.
It is a real pleasure to hear you enjoyed our service at the reception and that you appreciated the hotel identity.
We are doing our possible to welcome our guest personally, to create a "second home" for them so we are proud to read you.
Thank you again for your time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you come to Lyon.
Warmest regards,
Pia (Receptionist)

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Terrific location, rooms, and breakfast selection. Front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. Being able to use the locked garage facility a block away was really worth the extra charge, to not worry about our car. The Thomas group of restaurants, a few blocks up rue de Charite, across from the Musee de Tissus, is quite a find. Thanks to the good value of the Simplon Hotel, we were able to afford an incredible lunch at Les Trois Domes restaurant, on top of Sofitel Hotel, also fairly close by.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple