“Lovely food and service”
Review of Restaurant Otto

Restaurant Otto
Ranked #342 of 2,440 Restaurants in Marseille
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Description: Urban restaurant in Marseille, from Mediterranean to Italy and everywhere through Europe.
Reviewed 24 November 2017

Really enjoyed my visit to Otto with local friends. It has a very good reputation locally and they wanted to try it out.

From the start the service was excellent and staff very knowledgeable and friendly. For the first time ever I saw a member of staff take away a bottle of wine because she felt it was corked, without any prompting from the customer.

I had some beautifully cooked cod but there was an excellent choice on the menu.

Would definitely return again.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Antipasti plate to share, four different pastas and chilled white wine = a perfect night! This was our first visit to Marseille and the restaurant with it's lovely staff and the nice atmosphere really charmed us. The dinner was very affordable and the place is really worth a visit if you want to feel like a trendy Marseillaise :)

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I made a reservation (five persons) Saturday morning for the evening on the same day. We preferred to dine inside since the evenings in Marseille are still a bit cold, but unfortunately that was not be possible because there were already too much reservations for that evening. Completely understandable. Still we went to Otto and the waiter found us a table inside which could be ours until 21h00. The service was excellent. My girlfriends do not speak French. But the waitress was really patient and did her best to explain the menu in English, which is rare in Marseille. Also, some of us preferred a dish with sea fruit, but without mussels and that did not cause any problem for the kitchen.

Diner was nice. Well prepared courses and in terms of quality v/s price: correct and reasonable. One small minus: the taste of the tiramisu was nice, but the texture a bit too sodden. The waiters and waitresses smiled all way through. They even offered a digestif at the bar before leaving. My boyfriend and I live just around the corner and we will definitely come back soon. Keep up holding the good work Otto!

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

We had dinner at Otto tonight. I must say it was one of the most disappointing dinners I've ever had. The service was slow and the food was bad from the over salty salad to the bad scaloppine that was impossible to cut. The tagliatelle were over cooked. What a shame! To be avoided at all costs

2  Thank Gharago
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Is a must, you'll definitely enjoy your friends, time and money
Go with suggestions from the staff, always well advised
Ask to see/talk to Pierre-Antoine, you'll be won over by his philosophy of the matter/place