Residhotel Vieux Port
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We were six people who stayed at Massili Appart one night when Tour de France were in town.

I had booked and payed three rooms online from a booking site.

When we arrived they said I hadn't payed for the rooms and had to it again.
The next day both Massili and I had discovered the misstake but they could not refund me and had to wire transfere the money.
I have had a longer email tranaction wih Massili Appart were they have all my bank info but now they have stoped responding to my emails and I have not recived any money.

We also had other issues with the service.
When we stayed at Massili we forgot one of the room keys at the room when we went out for dinner that night.
When we arrived at Massili again, after 2pm, there were no one in the reseption and no way to contact anyone that worked there.
We could not get access to our room until 7Am when the reseptionist started working that day.

They showed no remorse or sympathy for our situation and
theire response was that everyone should know that if you dind't expect to come home before 2pm you had to ask for the managers phone number!

The rooms were okay, a bit dirty and not well kept. One room missing soap in the bathroom.
But for the price we did not expect much.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This is a very basic dorm-style apartment. Nothing fancy. No carpet -- just stone floor.

The hygiene is good. But no shampoo. There is only one kind of soap. The internet is slow.

Somewhat loud neighborhood near Veux Port.

They serve the breakfast, which only consists of baguettes, croissants, butter, jams and coffee / teas.

It was a bit cold for me and the management couldn't fix it. I ended up leaving Marseille with a bad cold.

Room Tip: Higher floor might be less noisy
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Very basic rooms and not good value. Staff speak no English at all - which is fair enough but unexpected - just be aware

Watch out when taking a shower - I noticed someone on the balcony opposite could see straight in and was watching my naked self shower - although why on earth I have no idea!

However it is in a great location so gets an extra mark for that.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2017

The reason to book this hotel is its location. Very close to the Vieux Port, so extremely central.
The prices are moderate, considering the location.
The hotel is a bit run down, but still clean, in my opinion. I do not use the kitchen, so cannot comment on that.
There is no view (well, on the buildings nearby, but not the harbor), and the rooms are relatively dark.
All in all, a decent price, excellent location, but not great rooms.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

This was such an upsetting stay. We arrived 10 minutes before check in and were told we needed to wait before he could check us in. they spoke no English and my French is not the best so it made things difficult.

We decided to try and park the car while we waited the 10 minutes. I asked about the discounted offsite parking (the biggest reason for us staying here initially) and they said there was parking down the street at Q park. I parked there, but at check out they said there WAS no discounted parking, and that 'we don't do that', over and over, even though I was pointing to their own papers and hotels.com page saying otherwise.

Anyways, when I got back from dropping the car off, it was check in time, but even though we had been waiting 10 minutes to check in, we continued to wait. and wait. and wait. at almost an hour later, the attendant got screamed at by another French guest waiting with us and he finally just handed us keys without verifying anything about our stay or identities.

The room, though spacious, and yes, in a nice location, was setting off red flags about hygiene. the kitchenette comes with no cleaning products, yet the instructions tell you to simply *rinse* off your used glasses/plates/silverware, and then put them BACK. GROSS!

tl;dr, I'm fuming about the discounted parking being a lie and not being told until I've already parked my car overnight. I'm also angry they told us to wait until check in, but had us continue waiting another hour.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple