“Beautiful gem of a restaurant in a typical Provence town”

Le Bistrot du Paradou
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Bistrot du Paradou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 661 Restaurants in Avignon
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had high expectations before arriving at the bistrot after reading so many wonderful recommendations on this restaurant so it was going to be tough or so I believed. The waiters were very receptive and kind. The menu was prix fixe for lunch so they served salad or escargot, cassoulet, cheese and dessert. Everything was perfect!!! I would have never ordered cassoulet so it was a very nice surprise and delicious! Afterwards there was some music in the varanda, so the waiter asked us if we wanted to have our coffee there... Never heard of this no hurry attitude... I already miss this place...

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We had lunch at Bistrot du Paradou during an early September 2017 trip - and it was the best meal we had in France. Just a superb atmosphere with simply but perfectly cooked, top-notch food (like Bresse chicken - the best chicken there is) and friendly, impeccable staff who made us feel welcome - the quintessential 2-hour French lunch on a terrace. We will drive out of our way to come here again the next time we're in France! Note for other Americans: the staff spoke excellent English, though they were kind enough to speak French with me too, despite my limited vocabulary. I don't get many opportunities to practice so this was appreciated!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We had a great lunch nothing fancy but good food . Nice countryside place ( they have a charming terrasse ) , very nice staff .

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Unless you read the reviews before, you don't expect to find such a wonderful place. It is an all inclusive menu (including wine), with two choices of appetizers and entres only, which change every day. Delicious food and Very friendly and efficient staff too.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This restaurant only offers a fixed menu and you can have as much as you want, ... and that also includes the wine. Wonderful experience I only experienced when in Italy a couple years ago. The team waiters are a bit exuberant, but that only completes the scene.

Keep in mind: one of the waiters told me they are not using the online reservation system, but they still could arrange me a table :)