“Very expensive for the quality you get”
Review of Green Bowl

Green Bowl
Ranked #76 of 1,010 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Price range: US$11 - US$15
Description: Venez découvrir Green Bowl , un restaurant 100% FAIT MAISON , HEALTHY et à base de PRODUITS FRAIS provenant du marché d’Aix. Grâce à sa CUISINE DU MONDE , laisser Green Bowl vous faire voyager le temps d’un repas... Vous y trouverez également les options suivantes: Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Vegan À très bientôt… Welcome to Green Bowl, a HEALTHY FOOD restaurant 100% HOMEMADE with FRESH PRODUCTS from the farm market. Come and taste Green Bowl INTERNATIONAL cuisine where you can find many: Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Vegan options See you soon...
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I got a chance to eat lunch in this small restaurant with some acquaintances where you get to choose your base (rice, noodles etc..), toppings and sauces. For a meal you spend €10 minimum. I ordered noodles of course, being Asian if I can eat noodles in a restaurant I always take up the opportunity, I spend about €12 on cheap type of noodles, the type you get for $2 at the supermarket, the taste was bland, soy sauce which should be the base of Asian cuisine was a choice ... Anyway, bad choice for eating out.

Date of visit: April 2017
Bonnie P, Propriétaire at Green Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

The price for a wok at Bonnie Day is 8,5€ so when you say you paid 12€ I think you misundertood the wok price and the menu price which include a drink and a homemade dessert. There are in the menu 8 differents kind of woks with differents homemade sauce but none include "noodle" with "soy sauce" I guess you choose to compose your own wok (which is also and option at BD) and you made your own decision. If you where looking for something more tasty you had 6 others homedade sauce but the soy sauce which you are right : is the base of asian cuisine, is far the most simple choice. If I go to a restaurant and ask spaguettis with olive oil I will never later on write on Tripadvisor than it was not tasty because of course: it's basic! The soy sauce option is choosen by those on diet or because they want someting simple. If you had let the chance to the others sauce you would have realised than what is good at Bonnie day is the flavour given by the sauce and the many vegetables instead of a noodle "strong wheat flavour" you probably are like to taste at your place or in other restaurants....

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We had such a nice lunch at Bonnie Day! We chose wok menu and got gluten free woks and desserts - and we got them 100% gf when I told my partner has celiac disease. After delicious meal, we ordered cappuccino and espresso and we were very satisfied.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The amount of choice was fantastic! I had the curry and my girlfriend the plate-du-jour. The taste was good, good balanced flavours and smells, but the plate was small.
Later on i saw a lot of people order a sweet dessert (cookie/muffin) just to make sure they were not hungry after 2 hours.
So the size was to small also for the price.

Date of visit: September 2017
Bonnie P, Propriétaire at Green Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

I'm sorry the plate was no enough for your appetite. You are the first person to complain about the size in 2 years. Most people order the menu with desert (muffins, pie...) because they are homemade and delicious, not because they will "starve" 2 hours later. If it was to be true, people will not come back as they do at the Bonnie Day. About the price: have you find another place in Aix en Provence where you can have fresh and homemade dish, seated on a terrasse eating in a plate with iron fork and knife for 8€50? I don't think so.... However I'm glad you did appreciate the quality of my cooking, and for a next time if you do have a complain about something in the BD please tell me directly so we can work on it and you'll leave happily fed :)

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We enjoyed eating at this quaint little cafe so much. The owner was very helpful and described each dish in detail, so we knew exactly what we were ordering. She even shared the recipes for a few of our favorite dishes that we tried. Light, heathful, dishes prepared fresh and quickly. Lots of gluten-free options. She has a darling outdoor eating area adjacent to the cafe which was a perfect spot to relax. Don't miss out on trying the desserts...they are fabulous!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Food is extremely light and delicate. Of course not a typical "french" restaurant but an very convenient place tonhave a quick and healthy lunch.

Date of visit: July 2017