All reviews casino supermarket great apartment hotel old town great aparthotel vacuum cleaner big refrigerator living room pots and pans self catering large car big supermarket an extended stay laundry facilities apartment style ironing board small apartment washer and dryer
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Stayed 1 month in the Adagio Aix. Have also stayed in their Bercy Village property in Paris. Very good staff. Very clean. Very good location. Our room was a studio w/a Murphy style bed, which we never put up. It’s a tight squeeze on one side to access the bed on the closet side but otherwise we were comfortable. Our room faced the courtyard so was cooler and also had 2 glass doors to the small balcony on the 3rd floor. Had their continental breakfast 3 mornings while there. Coffee was 2E after morning. Main issue that negatively affected 1week of our stay was the “no” smoking policy. While smoking isn’t allowed in rooms, it is allowed on balconies. The guests below us smoked into the early hours waking us with smoke filling our room. We couldn’t breathe. One night @ 3 am we were offered another room on main floor to sleep for a few hours. Reminds me of no smoking rows on the airlines years ago. I understand the smoking culture of other countries, just don’t want to share the drug in a room I am paying for. Suggest management make a smoking wing or provide a smoking room which seals off the toxins from others. Most guests had issues with the furniture and closets sliding that made noise when moved due to no pads on the legs of the furniture on the wood floor. If not for smoke would stay again.

Room Tip: Courtyard and doors vs windows offers cooler rooms when ac is turned off.
Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Anne M, Manager at Adagio Aix-en-Provence Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear MegamomSeattle,
We thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the aparthotel ADAGIO Aix Centre.
First of all, I would like to apologize for the smoking trouble coming from an other apartment.
All apartments are non-smoker.
Unfortunatly some guest do not respect the non-smoking policy (even if we have a terrasse where they can go day and night to smoke their cigarette).
Regarding the noise, our technician made the tour of each apartment to add pads under the chairs and tables.
However, we are happy to read that you had good time during your long stay in ADAGIO Aix, in particular with our staff.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Perfect Location of Hotel near Cours Mirabeau, Restaurants and Shops. The Apartment was well equipped - even better than I would have thought. The Apartment is cleaned once a week which is very fine. You can ask for blankets if you want to Exchange yours. Nice Little terrace made the Apartment really nice. Wide selection of TV channels and very nice staff - at the reception as well as the housekeeping and maintenance staff. Garage right under the Hotel for a fair Price. I would have given 5 Points if the bed would have been 180cm wide. :-)

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Anne M, General Manager at Adagio Aix-en-Provence Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear 65oliverr,

The entire team would like to join me in thanking you for your comments on Trip Advisor about ADAGIO Aix Centre, which encourage us to maintain the quality of our welcome and services.

We were delighted to read that you appreciated the aparthotel concept, and the perfect location near the touristic places.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Our room at this hotel had all the amenities -- big refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, coffee pot, iron & board. It also had a great warming / drying rack in the bathroom. The shower / bathtub combo was adequate. The bed was very comfortable. If you will be bringing a car, make it a small one. The entrance to the parking deck is narrow, winding, and harrowing with literally only inches to spare. A car as large as a Camry or Accord might not make it through - seriously. The breakfast is complete, but not included. The Adagio is only a short walk to city squares with restaurants and shops. The staff is helpful and speak English, though limited.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Anne M, General Manager at Adagio Aix-en-Provence Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Glenn K,

We thank you for taking the time to express your opinion on Trip Advisor.
We were delighted to read that you appreciated your apartment and the location of ADAGIO Aix Centre.
Regarding our parking it is true that the entrance is a bit narrow if you have a big car.
Unfortunately, the parking is in the underground with large load-bearing walls where it is difficult to carry out work.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to our aparthotel.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is a fantastic place. The rooms are spacious, modern and comfortable. The hotel is apartment style so there is a kitchen and cooking facilities. The hotel also has laundry facilities to use at a reasonable price.
It is centrally located with a supermarket very close by, a 5 min walk to the local tourism office and restaurants.
The staff here a so helpful, all are multilingual. They are happy to assist with anything you need. One staff member walked me through booking a train on the hotels computer. They made my trip to Aix-en-Provence so relaxed and easy (I had been struggling with organising things during my trip thus far) I cannot thank them enough!
I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo

Dear Karen S,

We would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, and we are pleased you appreciated the aparthotel concept and our staff.
This is a real source of encouragement for us to see how much you were delighted with your visit in our beautiful city.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in ADAGIO Aix Centre.

Kind regards,

Mrs MOLI Anne,

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Never stayed in an Adagio before. If you are looking for something like an extended-stay hotel, then Adagio is the right brand for you. We stayed in a "studio." It's amazing how much storage place is hidden within the room (i.e., cubbyholes in wall, storage in footstool, dining table under the desk, etc.). The toilet was separate from the rest of the bathroom, so we just kept a bottle of hand sanitizer in there.

Be aware that maid service is not included. That was fine for us as we were staying only 2 nights. Still, we had to empty our garbage before leaving, which is weird.

We chose this hotel primarily because it has a washer and dryer. The laundry room, located on the first floor, has only one washer and one dryer. The front desk will give change if you need it. You will not need laundry soap; it is included in the wash cycle. Unfortunately for me, two of my blouses ended up with a couple of small blue spots, likely from the detergent. (One was ruined; the other took 3 washings). If you don't put the washer on "lingerie," it will take FOREVER to go through a cycle. Also, since there's only one of each, you may have a flashback to your college days in the dorm, as they stay busy. We ended up doing our laundry late at night. I would have liked to have washed my hand-washables in the kitchen sink, but there was no stopper (I used the bathroom sink instead). If you want to hang-dry your clothes, there's a dryer rack in your shower and a heated towel rack.

The horror story here is the garage: The turns are WAY too tight. We were driving a medium size "Megane" model car, and it was near impossible to drive the car through the tiny zig-zag in and out, even with a ground-guide.

Bottom line: I would stay in an Adagio again, but if I had a car, I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Anne M, Manager at Adagio Aix-en-Provence Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Barbie21144,
We thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted your stay lived up to your expectations regarding your apartment.
However, we would like to apologise for the laundry which ruined a blouse.
I did not had this information during your stay.
Regarding our parking we are aware that it is narrow.
Unfortunately it is underground with large load-bearing walls, we can not carry out work necessary to widen the corners.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again in one of our aparthotel ADAGIO.
Genral Manager ADAGIO Aix Centre