US$75
US$11
US$254
US$230
Priceline
All reviewsflamboyant cuttlefishboat crewrinse tanksmarine lifespecial meal requestsdrinking waterpygmy seahorsescleaned dailyin great conditionwarm watersandy beachother guestsair conthe reefsgreat divingariemagical
Reviewed 27 April 2016

We just returned from a great holiday at Magic Oceans. We have been at Magic Island 3 times and that is why we wanted to check out the new resort. It is a very long trip from Holland but it is worth it. The resort is beautiful. Nice big bungalows, nice pool and a great bar and restaurant. The staff overall is very nice and helpfull. Nothing is too much.The dive center is excellent run by Samatha who is not only a great manager but also a lovely caring person. The diving is effortless your stuff is being brought on hte boat you just have to clim on board and go diving. The diving itself it excellent, saw lots of stuff despite low visibilty due to El Nino. The daytrips on the Island are fun and well organised.
So we can recommend it to anybody

Room Tip: Rooms 1 2 3 are the most quite and private ones
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rifvisje
MagicOceans, General Manager at Magic Oceans Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

After that many visits to Magic Island in Moalboal, you can be considered as an expert on our Magic.
Thanks for your great review and we hope we can share the Magic with you many more times to come and we will reserve your own street again for the group ;-)

Salamat and till we meet again!

Reviewed 30 March 2016

We highly recommend Magic Ocean Dive Resort, Philippines. My husband I stayed for 1 week at Magic Ocean and 1 week at sister resort, Magic Island. This review focuses on Magic Ocean and our experience there. We have been traveling to dive resorts for the past 18 years, but this was our first trip to the Philippines.

During our stay at Magic Ocean, I experienced a case of ‘Skin Bends’. I had never seen it before and thought I was having a reaction to food. Eef, the resort manager, and Samantha, the dive manager, recognized the rash right away as potentially nitrogen-related. They immediately contacted DAN and had me on Oxygen quickly. The symptoms subsided within an hour. Eef contacted DAN with updates and the next day DAN told us they recommended I be seen by the DAN doctor. As we were on a different island from the doctor, Eef arranged for us to travel to Cebu (car ride, ferry and another car pickup) and be seen by the DAN doctor. After our doctor visit, we were then driven to Magic Island to begin our stay there. As part of the DAN recommendation, I spent was not able to dive for 3 days. Also, I got my Nitrox certification at Magic Island and continued the 2nd week using Nitrox.

Overall, everything about this resort is ‘top-notch’. But, their reaction and handling of my medical issue was very professional and made us feel we were in good hands. The Oxygen, travel and Doctor arrangements were handled quickly and with no effort on our part.

CHALETS:
Very nice, individual chalets with plenty of space and large bathroom. Nice front porch area with chairs, table and drying rack. A/C, small refrigerator, hot water kettle, drinking water, safe: all very nice additions to rooms.

DIVE OPERATION:
Very organized and focused on customer service/satisfaction. The dive staff carries all the gear to the boats and makes sure you have what you need for the dives. Snacks/drinks are provided between 1st & 2nd dives. The resorts have 3 dive boats and we understand they got a new large dive boat just after we left. The dive masters are VERY good.

FOOD:
We had the full meal package, so we ate breakfast/lunch/dinner, family style with all the guests. The food was good; my husband who likes just about any kind of meat was in heaven. Whereas, I prefer a bit lighter fare with more vegetables & fish, but soon learned to ask for additional salad, if it wasn’t part of the plan for that meal. The fresh juice is simply amazing; I suggest mango/banana, you will not be disappointed. The mangos here were such a treat!

WIFI:
The internet was not operational during much of our stay, but admittedly, it was good for me to completely separate from daily work.

MISC:
Reef preservation fee is per dive. This was a surprise on our final bill. Suggest you mention on your confirmation e-mail amount per dive that will be charged. It is higher than other islands we have visited.
I like to walk and there isn’t a sandy beach at this resort or along this side of the island. For long walks you will need to walk up a steep driveway and along the dirt road that leads to the resort.
Staff and owners are simply wonderful; you won’t find better.
No pier for boat access, yet, but the staff carries everything except the diver, so not a big deal.
House reef is very nice and relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sue T
MagicOceans, General Manager at Magic Oceans Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Glad to be of service! And we were very happy to hear that you were able to continue your diving in Magic Island.

Hope to see you back one time.

Regards

your Magic Oceans Family

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

I had a wonderful six night stay here in February. I travelled by myself as my husband could not get the time off work. I would particularly recommend it for sociable solo divers as everybody is so nice and friendly. The owners , a charming couple from the Netherlands plus the resort manager and the dive manager all eat " family style" with the guests. As a solo traveller I felt incredibly welcomed and included at all times. The food itself at Magic Oceans was exquisite, so much better than many Philippine dive resorts when the meals can be very fatty and sugary and salty.

The resort itself is stunningly beautiful with a wonderful pool surrounded by colorful flower beds. The finish throughout and in the beautiful spacious bungalows is absolutely first class.

The diving is, I would say well above average, with beautiful colorful reef tops and excellent macro. The dive sites are still being explored and I'm sure that the diving experience will get better and better over time as the guides get to know the reefs better. There was a whaleshark on the house reef the day before I arrived, so it is a very good area indeed. The un spoilt coastline , with the chocolate hills in the background made the trips to the dive site a sight seeing trip in themselves.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled solo
3  Thank ire123
MagicOceans, General Manager at Magic Oceans Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

It was a pleasure sharing the dinner table with you.
We love a bit of Irish humor!

Welcome to the Magic Oceans family

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Dear all,
With all my pleasure I will write about Magic Oceans. It's so amazing you've never seen before. It's real magic there.
First my compliments are going out to Arie, Desiree, Eef, Zeny and the staff for their kindness and giving me a splended holiday ! In a moment of time they all know your name and that feels like one big family.
The drinkings, especialy for me Red Horse :-) (Beer) the shakes and the explended kitchen are examples to be named!
The rooms are clean and sleeping is perfect! There is a shouer with warm water inside. So after another warm day you can fresh you up.
After a day of diving you can eat all together at one table and share your adventures of the day. ALso that is real magic.
There are daytrips organized. One is Camiquin Island. Very beautiful to dive and on the way to there we saw Dolfins and flying fish!!!! Also a nice trip is "adventure tour". You can see the Tarsier. A very small animal but so cute. For the die hard there is a Zip line. Hanging above a depth of 80 meters...... maybe more :-)
Diving with one of the guids is breathless. The guids can show you a lot of macro living.
I can tell you so much more but one thing is for sure........ It's real magic at Magic Oceans. Come and se it yourself. Kind regards, Ronald Hofstee

Room Tip: All rooms are good. There is no need to ask for a special room
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Ronald170

We enjoyed your stay just as much as you did i think. We will never forget your goodbye song for our staff!
You're always in our hearts, hope to see you back one day!

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We stayed here for the second week in February after a 9 hour journey from Malapascua. Just as an extra thought, for those of you who would prefer a more comfortable seat on the ferry from Cebu, it would be worth spending 500 pesos extra to go in the business class, rather than sit on the hard plastic chairs for the two hour crossing. We didn't realise that and wished that we had more comfortable chairs!! Anyway, back to the resort! We had a very warm welcome by the staff and the staff continued to provide friendly service throughout the week. The bungalows are only 7 months old and are spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was large, but like Magic Island at Moalboal, Cebu only soap is provided so bring any shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion if you don't want to just use a bar of soap. The rooms have a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Wi fi is excellent throughout the resort, including the rooms.
Our room faced the swimming pool. There were some sun loungers, but no umbrellas. We preferred to relax by the dive centre as the swimming pool area was rather noisy for our stay so the staff moved a few beds there as it was quieter. The evening meal is served at 7.30 and just like Magic Island, guests sit together on long tables. The food was OK, but disappointing after eating the excellent food served at Magic Island. The cocktails, however, were really excellent!
The dive centre is very well run and the boat boys and guides all do a good job. Our guide was new to the area but he still managed to find some good critters for us! The sea temperature was 26/27 degrees celcius. It was quite tricky getting out to the boat, especially when the waves were rough, but the staff were very good at helping us. They carried all of the equipment for us, so we just had to get ourselves out to the boat! The resort organised an excellent day out which was great fun. The resort is very well managed and all of the staff are very hard working and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed the diving and if you'd like to see what we saw then take a look at my You Tube channel (Gerry Green diving - Scuba diving from Anda, Bohol, Philippines)

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gelandpat
MagicOceans, General Manager at Magic Oceans Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Thanks for your elaborate review. This gives other people a good amount of details.
I'm sorry to read that you did not recognize our sachets of shampoo for what they are. Both in Magic Island and Magic oceans we have these temporarily, while we wait for our ordered, own branded shampoo. Of course these are complementary.
We have to agree that the food in Magic Island is great! And they set the bar high.

Regards from your Magic Oceans family, hope to see you both again!