All reviews the owner dive shop private beach fish chocolate hills san francisco beach resort spa daughter and son in law camera room dive staff scuba diving turn down service hot towels dive holiday home away from home the reefs delicious food
Reviewed 9 January 2017

We spent a week at Fred and Karens Amun Ini. Amazing and relaxing location, kind and very attentive service, top cuisine (thanks Bo) and a dive shop full of easygoing guides who know exactly where to find all those seacreatures (big hi to Regie, Lito, Vincent, Jossy and everyone else!)

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Absolutely stunning location, super-friendly customer-oriented staff, and a somewhat private atmosphere make Amun Ini a standout among dive-centered resorts in Asia. We have stayed at many, but Amun Ini is now part of a very select "return here" club.

By the second day, the staff all know your name, your seating arrangements for meals, and what your normal daily routine looks like so they can better serve. Filipino hospitality at its best.

Rooms are all full or partial ocean view, restaurant is open air, overlooking the pool in the foreground and the ocean in the background.

I thought the price was reasonable for the service and luxury offered. Clearly one of the top boutique resorts.

Few notes:
Allow 1:45 from Tagbilaran airport for the van transfer. We did not transit Cebu so cannot comment about that.
Note the seasonal weather for Philippines in your planning.
Wifi is adequate for normal tasks, though SIM cards for your phone are easily bought in Manila for very little cash. No issues at all with coverage on SMART or GLOBE.

About the dive center:
EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL
- on time
- consistent with a hot towel, a dry towel, water and fruit when exiting diving
- all dives were boat dives. not a shore-diving type place
- top notch guides and instructors
- great place to learn if you're wanting to learn how to dive or do an advanced certification
- 3 to 4 scheduled dives per day; a la carte, just do what you want
- diving can be easy to more advanced. my youngest is 10 and has a 12m limit - he had a great time
- Last week of December we experienced 27-28 degree water, 20-25m visibility
- dives are almost all aquarium-like wall dives; pick your preferred depth and drift along slowly
- coral was VERY healthy when we were there. so nice to see that!
- nice little dive shop as well with plenty of shirts and souvenirs to add to your memories

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt D
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Everything about our stay here was 5 star. All the employees work very hard to ensure you are taken care to the very best of their ability. Really loved the Resorts small personal feel, very well laid out. The diving was great, loved the overall health of the reefs. Because there was wall diving as well as incredible muck diving, we were always looking forward to the next dive.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2016

If you want many fantastic dive sites only ten minutes boat ride from a luxury, service focussed hotel with lovely food, great massage and incredibly friendly and helpful dive and hotel staff then this is the resort for you. It is like being in a luxury home from home as it only has 16 rooms and there is complete privacy in the private grounds which are very beautiful and relaxing to be in. Rooms are large, lovely bathrooms and very comfortable beds, super clean and well serviced. You can easily get three teenagers in one room so a great choice for a family break with older kids and we had the most wonderful family Christmas break. Hotel will book you a transfer from either the tagbilaran airport or the ferryport which is also very helpful. Very quiet but that is one of the attractions! Get away from it all and enjoy the dive experience in luxury surroundings! Thanks so much to Freddy, Karen and all the wonderful staff for our stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I had the greates time during my trip to the Philippines. We first went to Manila which was very interesting but it wasn't until we landed in Amun ini, in Bohol, when I felt truly at home.
The installations are beautiful have the perfect combination between wilderness, comfort and beauitful design.

The food is unbelievable good (brunch was always my favourite).
Staff working there becomes just like you're family, you can feel how much the care about you being always happy and relaxed.

My main thing of the trip though, was diving! It was my very first time and I loved it so much! The sea around the resort is so clean and clear that you can see all kind of fish and colourful corals around you. It was an incredible personal experience that I will never forget and that I will always recommend to everyone around me. A hidden paradise I wouldn't want to miss out!

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family