“Highly recommended!”

Amun Ini Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Anda
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed here for four days and had a fantastic time. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable! I would recommend the glazed adobo ribs! The rooms were large, nice and clean! The bathrooms were large and modern with an outdoor feel. My 5 year old daughter had a lot of fun despite being the only child in he resort. Everyone made her feel comfortable! We loved the pool and the fact that the beach was private! Will be coming back this year or next for sure!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Marilen O

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I can't say enough about this place. When we arrived, the owners Fred and Karin Carmona, personally greeted all 10 of us with "Welcome Home." We really did feel like this was our home or a home of a family member since we were also greeted by their well-behaved dogs.

The staff gave us complementary smoothies, which were so refreshing given the tropical climate. They showed us to clean, beautiful and spacious rooms. Since we were also hungry, the kitchen staff promptly prepared our orders - all gourmet dishes - beautifully presented and quite delicious. They were so good I did not want to eat anywhere else. And no wonder! I heard the chefs (one of them Fred's daughter) were trained in San Francisco, California, and were also quite experienced. These kinds of gourmet dishes would have cost an arm and a leg in the U.S. Breakfast came with the price of our rooms and we got to choose different ones every day. We picked from a menu. Even breakfast was gourmet. There was turndown service every evening, where the housekeeping staff left small pastries (gourmet too) made with local ingredients.

Fred and Karin mixed freely with their guests, chatting among them with ease, which added to the feeling of intimacy and comfort. Fred has a sense of humor. The dive master Jeremy was also very friendly and informal, even offering us the use of his laptop when we asked if there was one around.

The grounds were lush and full of fruit trees - jackfruit, papaya, coconut, etc., a lot of them within reach. I didn't see anyone take any fruit, though. The infinity pool was clean and refreshing. AND THE BEACH - powder-white sand and virtually empty, framed by limestone islets with gentle tides. This place has kayaking and paddleboarding equipment should you wish to do these kinds of activities, as well as a dive center. Bohol has some of the best diving in this part of Asia.

One thing you have to try here is a massage. They offer several kinds. I was surprised to see that our waitresses doubled up as masseuse people - but they were quite good. The price of a massage here, compared to a massage in the U.S., is quite inexpensive.

The only somewhat negative are the mosquitoes, which the hotel easily wards off with different kinds of repellent, available at the restaurant/eating area, which guests can avail themselves of whenever necessary. I never had a mosquito bite at this hotel, since I doused myself generously with the complementary repellent made given by the hotel.

I wished I had stayed longer, but next time I find myself in Bohol I will definitely stay at Amun Ini. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank CITravelfan
Reviewed July 17, 2014

You thought you had seen it all... until you came to Amun Ini, in the middle of nowhere... Beautiful garden, fantastic pool, lovely rooms, excellent food, and, above all, warm-hearted people. Karin & Fred are the best hosts you can think of. Then, there is the dive-shop, run by Bigs. Excellence continues here. The professional dive guides will bring you to see the strangest of underwater critters. A must for those who want a glimpse of paradise!

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven1946
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at Amun Ini to enjoy the diving and snorkelling in the area. The resort provides excellent accommodation, service and food. It was delightful to have a dedicated vegetarian menu. Really made our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Having gone to Amun Ini for the purpose of scuba diving, I can safely say that my stay there was nothing short of exemplary. While the dive sites had some of the most diverse and interesting sea life that I have seen, what really made diving from Amun Ini was their dive guides Lito and Arjey. With a somewhat innate ability to find points of interest that would have otherwise gone unnoticed, good dives were transformed into rather spectacular experiences.

The Amun Ini resort itself is also to be highly commended. During my stay the only negative thing I could say was that the food was so good I was eating too much. Having travelled with a group of 11 the open layout of the common areas for evening drinks and discussion of the days dive was a big plus.

In terms of things to do for non-divers, Chocolate hills, the Tarsier sanctuary, the local waterfalls and swimming holes were quite interesting with good views of the local countryside on the trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DarcyTC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anda
3.3 km away
3.9 km away
Anda White Beach Resort
72 km away
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 12 in Tagbilaran City
79.1 km away
Isla Hayahay
Isla Hayahay
#1 of 1 in Calape

Been to Amun Ini Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!