US$126
Priceline
US$18
US$14
Agoda.com
All reviewswelcome homethe ownerdive shopprivate beachfishchocolate hillssan franciscobeach resort spadaughter and son in lawcamera roomtagbilaran airportspecial menuscuba divingdive staffturn down servicehot towelsdive holiday
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I can't say enough about this place. When we arrived, the owners Fred and Karin Carmona, personally greeted all 10 of us with "Welcome Home." We really did feel like this was our home or a home of a family member since we were also greeted by their well-behaved dogs.

The staff gave us complementary smoothies, which were so refreshing given the tropical climate. They showed us to clean, beautiful and spacious rooms. Since we were also hungry, the kitchen staff promptly prepared our orders - all gourmet dishes - beautifully presented and quite delicious. They were so good I did not want to eat anywhere else. And no wonder! I heard the chefs (one of them Fred's daughter) were trained in San Francisco, California, and were also quite experienced. These kinds of gourmet dishes would have cost an arm and a leg in the U.S. Breakfast came with the price of our rooms and we got to choose different ones every day. We picked from a menu. Even breakfast was gourmet. There was turndown service every evening, where the housekeeping staff left small pastries (gourmet too) made with local ingredients.

Fred and Karin mixed freely with their guests, chatting among them with ease, which added to the feeling of intimacy and comfort. Fred has a sense of humor. The dive master Jeremy was also very friendly and informal, even offering us the use of his laptop when we asked if there was one around.

The grounds were lush and full of fruit trees - jackfruit, papaya, coconut, etc., a lot of them within reach. I didn't see anyone take any fruit, though. The infinity pool was clean and refreshing. AND THE BEACH - powder-white sand and virtually empty, framed by limestone islets with gentle tides. This place has kayaking and paddleboarding equipment should you wish to do these kinds of activities, as well as a dive center. Bohol has some of the best diving in this part of Asia.

One thing you have to try here is a massage. They offer several kinds. I was surprised to see that our waitresses doubled up as masseuse people - but they were quite good. The price of a massage here, compared to a massage in the U.S., is quite inexpensive.

The only somewhat negative are the mosquitoes, which the hotel easily wards off with different kinds of repellent, available at the restaurant/eating area, which guests can avail themselves of whenever necessary. I never had a mosquito bite at this hotel, since I doused myself generously with the complementary repellent made given by the hotel.

I wished I had stayed longer, but next time I find myself in Bohol I will definitely stay at Amun Ini. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank CITravelfan
Reviewed 17 July 2014

You thought you had seen it all... until you came to Amun Ini, in the middle of nowhere... Beautiful garden, fantastic pool, lovely rooms, excellent food, and, above all, warm-hearted people. Karin & Fred are the best hosts you can think of. Then, there is the dive-shop, run by Bigs. Excellence continues here. The professional dive guides will bring you to see the strangest of underwater critters. A must for those who want a glimpse of paradise!

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven1946
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at Amun Ini to enjoy the diving and snorkelling in the area. The resort provides excellent accommodation, service and food. It was delightful to have a dedicated vegetarian menu. Really made our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having gone to Amun Ini for the purpose of scuba diving, I can safely say that my stay there was nothing short of exemplary. While the dive sites had some of the most diverse and interesting sea life that I have seen, what really made diving from Amun Ini was their dive guides Lito and Arjey. With a somewhat innate ability to find points of interest that would have otherwise gone unnoticed, good dives were transformed into rather spectacular experiences.

The Amun Ini resort itself is also to be highly commended. During my stay the only negative thing I could say was that the food was so good I was eating too much. Having travelled with a group of 11 the open layout of the common areas for evening drinks and discussion of the days dive was a big plus.

In terms of things to do for non-divers, Chocolate hills, the Tarsier sanctuary, the local waterfalls and swimming holes were quite interesting with good views of the local countryside on the trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DarcyTC
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Amun Ini boutique resort in Anda, Bohol is quietly tucked on a cliff amidst coconut trees and a lot of vegetation. To get to Its general area, Anda, one has to take a 2-hour road trip from Tagbilaran. the capital of Bohol province. Private cars for hire (as well as buses) are available from the Tagbilaran entry points. We brought over our SUV, though, from nearby Cebu. The resort has airport & pier pick up service as well. Immediately before reaching the resort, there is a .700 Km stretch of dirt road which is better negotiated by SUVs rather than cars. However, when the two huge solid wood entrance doors of the resort are opened_ voila, one experiences much delight, with the pretty and serene sea view, as well as the general ambiance and interiors of the place, enhanced with nice antiques. The resort owner, Mr. Carmona, tries to make a point of greeting guests personally as they arrive, making one's stay start with a warm, personal touch. The resort rooms are spacious & comfortable, with really big bathrooms. I did not notice any cabinet shelves, though, but hanger space was available. The rooms have balconies, too, overlooking the gardens and the sea. There's only one coffee-shop/ restaurant in the resort, but the food was good. As one walks down a few steps from the cliff, one is greeted by a sandy white beachfront as well as crystal clear sea waters. The beach area is in a cove, thus one feels much privacy, as the resort has presently no "neighbors", & the cove provides a barrier. The resort has less than 20 rooms as of now. This place is recommended especially for those who want to "get away from it all" because it is rather secluded; also very relaxing. On the other hand, a relatively big group of old friends/ office mates who would book practically all rooms would also enjoy having a nice, unique place all to themselves.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple