Anda White Beach Resort
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Balai sa Baibai(Mambajao)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsinfinity poolthe ownerdeluxe beach frontgreat poolmain cityair conditionerchocolate hillsgood nights sleepgracious hospitalityview is breath takingendless poolwhite beachmosquito netocean viewrelaxing vacationfamily roomplace is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2017

Everything is good here... the staff, food, rooms, pool and even the beach.
We are welcomed by warm smiles of the staff and fresh buko. A lot of things that you can do too... (1) did a 30-minute walk from Quinale beach to the resort during low tide, (2) kayak (equipment for free) around the area to see the fish and corals, (3) sit, relax and sunbathe in their pool or beachfront, and more...
Just be careful on the sea urchins in the water, the resort provides booties if you ask...
They also have a good mix of European and Filipino cuisine in the menu, the cook is good... I had the spicy crab, yum!

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank anne_edr0
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

The food is nice and fresh. Good serving size.

Restaurant is nice and fresh.

Pool area is clean and looks good as well as the garden.

Beach area is clean and fresh. Sadly the ocean just past the beach is very swampy and has a lot of growth. My wife stepped on a sea urchin and got several nasty splinters that can't be removed since they are to deep. Watch your feet and your kids.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrik L
Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

We spent NYE here and we enjoyed it a lot.
The place is just great to relax yourself.
Staff is really attentive and nice.
Food from breakfast to a late afternoon snack is really good.
Hope to go back one day.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mochifox
Reviewed January 13, 2017

Wonderful !!!!!!! everything was perfect and we enjoyed our vacation very much The staf was very kind and did her job extraordinarily well. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable
The view is stunning,The food is delicious The garden is amazing Great pool and lovely beach Hope to visit again Thanks

Room Tip: take beachside
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clausandmaria
Reviewed January 11, 2017

Stayed for two nights with my wife whilst on business in Bohol. Welcoming coconut was the start of a mid-week business break for my wife and I. The resort is spacious, very clean and with friendly staff. Food is generally ok, but their sauces all look a little bit congealed. Two downsides:

Breakfast is awful; it is free and that gave me a concern when booking, as in my experience "free breakfast" is a sign that food is well below par, and the breakfast there was shocking, particularly when compared to the other meals which, as I say were ok.

Staff, whilst friendly, can be lazy except when the boss is there. I read this in an earlier review and witnessed it myself: the first night we didn't see the owner and neither did we see much of the staff. It was annoying to need to get up to find them when we wanted another drink. The second night, with the boss "in-seat" there was always floor staff watching and waiting.

All in all, a good trip, however I subsequently received an internal trip advisor message from the Owner/Manager of the Resort threatening to “shame” me for referring to the breakfast as “awful” and yet gifting it to friends of my wife.

I would answer this message in public, since as a hotel guest, I would be interested in being informed of such reactionary response to what was a positive yet critical review.

The breakfast was edible, not enjoyable! My wife informed her friends that, as such, “tomorrow” we would eat next door, even though the meal at Anda White Beach was free. My wife’s friends, cognizant of the Philippine concept of “sayang” (in that waste should be minimized wherever possible) asked if they could take the meal. We agreed, adding that if the Hotel charged for this (which they did not) We would pay for it ourselves to save any embarrassment.

Simply put, the breakfast is, in my opinion, one-star, as is the managements attitude to their guests, as demonstrated by this reaction to constructive criticism. Great rooms and infrastructure, but if service, food or respect are what you are looking for, I would avoid the Anda White Beach Hotel and instead stay at J&R, next door.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple