“Fascinating!”
Review of Champagne Pannier

Champagne Pannier
Reviewed 19 May 2016

The place has a magnificent history. The tour is short, but really good. It is 10€ to have the visitation and you can taste champagne in the final. Highly recommend!

1  Thank JuhoMa

Reviewed 9 February 2016

This Champagne house is unique because the caves/cellars where the wine is stored were originally a medieval underground limestone quarry with miles of tunnels and caves. So when you take the tour, you get to see these incredibly atmospheric caves. Look out for the medieval rock carvings too.

On my tour the guide was Elizabeth. She was charming and friendly and she speaks fluent English. After the tour you will taste the delicious Champagne.

I was extremely fortunate to attend a private dinner party and dance which took place in the cellars. It was the most unique location and party I have ever attended. So if you are in the mood for a spectacular party of distinction, this is your perfect venue!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

If you want a real French Champagne experience this is certainly a great idea.
We were on a business dining out evening and this venue hit all the right notes. great tour of the caves with the champagne, followed by savouring some of their finest. The food was excellent as was the service.

My only complaint would be we ran out of time.

if you enjoy treating yourself buying direct from them is a great way to experience and bring home a great quality champagne

The next time I am anywhere near this location I am definitely going back.

Reviewed 2 June 2015

Book your tour of the medieval caves in advance as we missed out, very enjoyable champagne will definitely revisit next trip. Consistent quality year on year, more marketing than some of the smaller family owned houses but worth the visit as they can have some good deals.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 May 2015

I've been there 6 years ago and I remembered we didn't really enjoyed the tour as much as we did with previous tours. But as some friends wanted to see caves, I thought it would've been a good idea to go to pannier (remembering that it used to be without booking). I tried to go there with a group of friends (10 people who all understand French), but we were told they couldn't give us a tour as we didn't book in advance. What a shame for a bigger champagne house with more than enough people working not being able to provide a small tour. I really recommend to everyone who wants to visit the Champagne region and taste champagne to go to small producers in small villages. Every producer welcomes you with open arms, most of the time free tastings and don't want you to leave immediately after the visit. After leaving Pannier, we found a small producer on the way back "Domaine Langlet" a really excentric and funny producer who welcomes you with open arms and great free tastings. That's a producer I can recommend.

3  Thank Quentin M