“Arrived...eventually!”

Taverne, brasserie la Loco a Nantes
Ranked #74 of 1,478 Restaurants in Nantes
Price range: US$14 - US$50
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant and its staff are just wonderful, fabulous and amazing! I was with a party of Rotarians when four of us became separated from the rest of the group. We got lost trying to find La Loco...after walking through Nantes and standing on railway bridges trying to spot our group who said they were waving frantically to try to signal to us...we eventually found La Loco...the rest of the group were on dessert! However, the staff at the restaurant were up to the task of coping with four very late arrivals and produced our three course lunch as if we were right on time! They were so good...and so was the food. THANK YOU LA LOCO!

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Went to this restaurant twice. As we were staying at the Adagio residence just nearby, we tried this restaurant on our first day in Nantes.
They had kids menu "P'tit Cheminot" (9,5€) with sausage or fish along with smash potatoes or french fries.
First time (lunch), tried the fish of the day and steak tartare.
On our second time (dinner), we had the soar in Cognac lobster (35€) served with butter sauce - singered at your table for the show and seafood platter in first course. It was delicious.
Main course was a sole and choucroute.
Waitress was friendly, service was good.
For dessert we got the "Crepes.Suzette", crepes singeing at your table also along with sugar, rhum, butter and orange juice.
Must try if you have the occasion.
Will go there again on our next visit in Nantes for sure.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I have plenty of reasons to love La Loco: 1) the sea food 2) the service and the interior 3) the hours. I loved this place so much I ended up having dinner three times here during my 5-day visit to Nantes.
When I got to Nantes, it was late and I was sure I wouldn't get anything proper to eat, so imagine my surprise when I got excellent sea food after 10 pm. They have a very good selection of fish and meat and the desserts. The service was superb.
The place is a big one, and yet the food came fast every time and I didn't need to make a reservation for my dinners. I know this means the restaurant really need to plan the service and it was top notch.
Also, the interior is beautiful, art deco-atmosphere.
I might even go back to Nantes just to have the sea food at La Loco.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We found many spots closed on Sunday but this one close to our hotel was open and very popular apparently with families and locals. A bit pricey but we enjoyed the food, duck and a prawn dish. We splurged on dessert, Crepes Suzette and a combo with 3 or 4 delicious parts. Service somewhat slow but OK. Glad we found a place with some charm..

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Went here with a couple of friends. Usually I would go for something vegetarian in a restaurant but there were almost no options. Went for the beef carpaccio in the end that was served with salad and fries, very tasty. Prices were acceptable for the good quality of the food. The waiter was friendly but the service a little slow, it was however very busy.