“Amazing - France at its best”
Review of Bistrot Des Ducs

Bistrot Des Ducs
Ranked #2 of 506 Restaurants in Angers
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Description: Un bistrot authentique et une cuisine gourmande.
Description: Un bistrot authentique et une cuisine gourmande.
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I can only endorse all the other warm comments that the Bistrot des Ducs has received. The food - all the great French bistrot classics - are stylishly executed and presented. However, what I will particularly remember is the warmth of the reception: for example, as I was dining alone, I was offered the evening paper while I waited for my entrée. The food was all I hoped it would be and that, with the service, made the kind of evening that you always hope to find in France but rarely discover. The Bistrot des Ducs is wonderful - à consommer sans modération.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

This restaurant is a short walk from the chateau in Angers. We did not have a reservation but I think we were lucky as we arrived around 12.10 for lunch and it filled up very quickly for lunch. We enjoyed a fabulous meal. Each dish was excellent. They serve a three course menu which includes an excellent selection of different tastes. Leave room for the desserts as they are huge. We decided to have two desserts between the three of us and that was plenty. I have to say the chips were the best of I had in France on this trip.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner on a Friday night. Turned up at around 8pm and hadn’t booked, but they found us a table for two towards the back of the restaurant. Good selection of French cuisine dishes. The food was exquisite, both in taste and presentation. Good value as well at around €26 each for three courses (not including drinks). The waiting staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We were given a shot of cherry liqueur on the house with our dessert, which was a nice touch. My only issue was that there was no air conditioning and it was so hot/humid in the restaurant. Despite that, would highly recommended a visit to this restaurant!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Very good cuisine, waiters are very caring. Good placing and great atmosphere. Everything was very friendly and the food was amazing.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent service and simple but good quality food in a nice environment. Staff were attentive and gave good recommendations. The set menu of 26 ish Euros was good value (3 courses)

Date of visit: July 2018