“Disappointing”

Le Billot
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We tried Le Billot based on other reviews on here for my son's birthday lunch (he boards at school nearby) We hadn't thought to book and were advised upon arrival we could have a table but we would have to wait a while for food, which was fair enough having not booked ahead. The wait was not excessive and not a problem at all. However, the menu was very short and almost entirely meat based (there is one á la carte fish option and oysters) My husband and son both chose the daily special - a burger - the meat was dry and it was "okay-ish" but nothing special. My youngest son had the children's steak hache and chips, and I ended up with a vegetable soup. Perhaps we chose the "wrong" things from the menu, but unless you want meat I wouldn't recommend Le Billot. It's in a good spot in the center of town and has pleasant decor and atmosphere.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

The vegetable soup of the day gets a 5 - it's excellent! The beef stew is good - taste and texture - but the vegetables that came along seems half-cooked. The ice cream was a disappointment. The other items on the menu didn't attract me.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Visited Le Billot with a colleague without a booking, fortunately they had one table left, We ordered the Angus Steak and Black Pig, we weren't disappointed, the meat was cooked just as requested and flavors were delightful.
Restaurant is very tastefully decorated and inviting, staff are very friendly and accommodating too.
Only downside was the time taken from ordering to receiving the food, could have been quicker but didn't spoil the experience.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I went on a business dinner to Le Billot, following the excellent ratings on Tripadvisor. I probably expected too much as I was a bit disappointed.
The good points:
The food was very good and the plates well arranged.
The decoration is nice and provides a cosy atmosphere
There is room for improvement regarding:
The friendliness of the staff. They were very professional, no problem; but a bit short on warmth, that made us feel as if we did not belong there, unlike the other apparently regular guests.
The portions could be a bit bigger. I am usually hungry when I go to a restaurant.
The location is quite small, which as such is ok, but the tables are really close to eachother. If you are looking for intimacy, I recommend to specify it when making a reservation so that they can maybe arrange something.
All in all a good dinner but don´t expect too much either.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent value. Quality cuisine and ambience. Enjoyed the terrine particularly and café liégeois. Near to centre by the marché.

Date of visit: September 2017