“Couldn't have asked for a better tour and tour guide!”

Destination Normandy - Dominique Fiquet
Ranked #4 of 7 Tours in Caen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private tours of Normandy sites with a private guide. Born and raised in Normandy, I offer guided visits of the WWII Battlefields. This includes all American and British/Canadian sectors of the D-Day invasion and Battle of Normandy. But DDay is not the limit. Escort and Highlights of the Normandy sites, overview or in-depth, whether famous or off the beaten path, my tours travel through time, History awaits you. All my tours will be YOUR tour, no two are alike because you all have different interests, different expectations, a different pace, a different level of knowledge to start with, for these reasons and more, each tour is personal. I also offer the perspective of a Norman native, I have studied at length and in depth the history, culture, traditions of Normandy, and this enables to bring new colors to the tours that I conduct, that will go beyond and above the subject itself. Besides, I've been told I am good company, I hope you'll agree, but there's only one way to know.
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I could not have asked or dreamed of a better tour than the one that Dominique gave us. She was so interesting and she knew her stuff. She knew about all aspects of the battles that occured in the area and knew all of those little spots that you would never be able to find with big tour companies. We, as a family of 5 were able to create a tour and really go to the places that we wanted to and had quality time to talk about and learn about the different locations and events that occurred. Dominique was a pleasure to be around and I recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for an amazing tour around Normandy!

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"war"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Dominique is an enthusiastic educator who knows the history of Normandy and of WWII events in Normandy with expertise. She is engaging, personable and fun. Let allowed her to plan the trip starting at Pont du Hoc, and then led us to various site of key battles. In the 20 minute drive between the various sites she would provide additional detail about the past and upcoming area. It was a fantastic tour. She was prompt with emails and texts and easy to work with. I recommend her highly a tour of Normandy.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Simply put...amazing! Our two day tour with Dominique was informative, educational, personalized to the areas we requested and perfectly paced. Dominique was a pleasure to tour with, speaks perfect English (with a beautiful French accent) and is incredibly knowledgeable of the Normandy area. Having grown up in the Normandy region, Dominique was able to share personal family accounts regarding the area and the war. Our family loved our time with Dominique and highly recommend her for any age and size of group. Don't miss out on her expertise and thoughtfulness!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Dominique not only owns her business,but also is the one that personally gives each and every tour. This is NOT the case with most tour groups. Dominique, through her lengthy reputation in the Normandy area, has earned her access to areas typically not allowed by other tour groups. Don't leave this to any tour group - Dominique is terrific. We brought our family to Normandy and our kids were blown away! She provided details not expected in a typical tour. This is her passion and it shows. You won't be disappointed.