“Wonderful experience - highly recommend!”

Destination Normandy - Dominique Fiquet
Ranked #4 of 7 Tours in Caen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private tours of Normandy sites with a private guide. Born and raised in Normandy, I offer guided visits of the WWII Battlefields. This includes all American and British/Canadian sectors of the D-Day invasion and Battle of Normandy. But DDay is not the limit. Escort and Highlights of the Normandy sites, overview or in-depth, whether famous or off the beaten path, my tours travel through time, History awaits you. All my tours will be YOUR tour, no two are alike because you all have different interests, different expectations, a different pace, a different level of knowledge to start with, for these reasons and more, each tour is personal. I also offer the perspective of a Norman native, I have studied at length and in depth the history, culture, traditions of Normandy, and this enables to bring new colors to the tours that I conduct, that will go beyond and above the subject itself. Besides, I've been told I am good company, I hope you'll agree, but there's only one way to know.
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We took an all day tour of the Normandy beaches with Dominique in October. Dominique is highly knowledgeable about all aspects of D-Day as well as the cultural history of Normandy (she has a degree in Norman history!). She was flexible and our day with her was the highlight of our trip. We would highly recommend Dominique.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"war"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My wife and I and our friends took a 1 day American D-Day tour with Dominique and had a great day. Dominique is fun, a very good story teller, and has a wealth of information on not only the events and history related to D-Day, but also the more broad history of Normandy and many, many interesting factual nuggets. We would definitely recommend Dominique to any friends who visit Normandy.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

As a Cherbourg native & Norman history scholar / WW2 guide, Dominique is excellent, with multilingual skills. My husband & I met her in Bayeux for 1-day American beaches tour + Bayeux Tapestry background. Less expensive w your own car rental. Her depth of knowledge & 20 years' experience in guiding show in her preparation & delivery.

She has previously guided the Band of Brothers actors' reunions, but gives you insight into how French life in Normandy was affected & how Norman(dy) culture is unique. She does know the military history as well as the cultural history. If you have a non-native guide, or only an ex-military guide, you will miss much of what happened to the cities, countryside, and lives of the people of Normandy and France, and their interactions both during and after the war with those who were on their soil with them.
To understand Normandy and D-Day, it helps to know the Viking/Norman period, and the area's relationship with England with the Norman invasion / story of the Bayeux Tapestry, which she is uniquely qualified (from Master's Degree study) to offer.
Great guide! We have also met 2 people who were guided by her since meeting her this month, and they also love her! / J.A.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I recommend Dominique Fiquet for a tour of the Normandy beaches and Mont St Michele. She was very well prepared for our visit, tailoring her presentation to our specific interests and requirements. There is no doubt we doubled or tripled our knowledge and experience by having the services of a guide versus trying to navigate it on our own.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Asking Dominique for a day tour of Normandy was one of the best decisions I could have made. I wanted to take my father to the D-Day beaches and make it a special visit. Besides being incredibly knowledgeable of the area’s history (going back to the Norman Conquest), Dominique was simply a wonderful person to spend the day with. She crafted the day to include many of the sights related to Band of Brother’s and she also was able to take us some place not available to the normal tourist (Brécourt Manor).

I would recommend Dominique wholeheartedly to anyone wishing to go deeper than just the D-Day museums. She is informative, friendly, and has both a big-picture/tiny-details encyclopedia of knowledge about the events of D-Day and afterwards.