1,166 results
All reviews eggs cooked to order junior suite rooms are beautiful bayeux cathedral dinner reservations place to stay wonderful hotel perfect location favorite hotel the entire staff three nights breakfast was delicious small hotel normandy beaches loved this hotel d day beaches secure parking
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We were very pleased with our recent stay at the Villa Lara in Bayeux. The town was lovely and is a perfect place from which to explore the Normandy beaches and Honfleur. Our Suite was modern, clean, spacious and had the most delightful view of the Bayeux Cathedral and river. Rima and her professional staff were very welcoming, competent and professional.. Clarette in the restaurant always made sure that we were very well looked after. The private secure parking area was a big plus.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Really comfortable boutique hotel with well appointed rooms. Fantastic service, charming hotel staff and a great little bar. The location, close to the tapestry and the cathedral, is perfect. This is the best place to stay in Bayeux. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We found the Villa Lara to be an oasis of comfort and service.
Staffed with very competent and conscientious people, we found the aspects of a 5 star in a small hotel to be present, (whereas recently other hotels abilities were somewhat lacking), albeit a more quiet location would be desirable.
Suggest asking for a room facing the park rather than the street, but otherwise the room quality and upkeep was thorough, the breakfast very good, and the staff effort on our behalf was sustained, (reservations, information, etc.).

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Everything at Villa Lara is exceptional!! The staff was extremely welcoming (even welcoming us by name as we arrived and departed), and very attentive to our detail request during the stay. The accommodations for our family were extremely nice and well appointed. The breakfast food was excellent, and our daughters welcomed the made to order eggs in the morning before our daily adventures.

Would highly recommend this hotel if you are in Bayeux or the Normandy area.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2017

My wife and I stayed for two nights on Fri May 19 and Sat May 20, 2017. This is a top-notch hotel. Our (Prestige) room was beautiful (prompting my wife to take photos), very spacious and nicely adorned. The bed was very comfortable. Staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly (including at the booking stage). We liked this hotel so much that I seriously considered altering our schedule to stay an additional night and didn't only because I was unsure about travel times. Now that we're done, I know I could have and wish we did.

The Villa Lara is so impeccably run it's difficult for me to imagine anyone would have an experience different from ours.

Date of stay: May 2017