“One of the best in town”
Review of N'Autre Monde

N'Autre Monde
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
N'Autre Monde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,736 Restaurants in Lille
Price range: US$34 - US$56
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux Lille 4
Description: N’Autre Monde restaurant just two steps from the Grand Place brings you the world’s cuisines in a warm, modern setting. The dining room is a fabulous blend of pink walls, exposed brick, Louis XV chairs, chandeliers, downlighters and dramatic flower displays. Self-taught chef David Beve puts his fascination with the world’s cultures to great use in his monthly-changing menus, utilizing all the flavours of the planet with a special focus on the Caribbean and Asia, filtered through his own imagination. Dishes might include courgette flowers stuffed with salmon accompanied with red pepper coulis, roast duck breast with Szechuan pepper and rhubarb chutney, and waffle with mango compote and coulis and vanilla chantilly. The wine list is just as much a vagabond as the chef, with bottles from every wine-producing country, it seems, as well as the classic French regions. Finish your meal with a choice of coffees and teas from all over the globe. Hire the entire venue to seat up to 35 for lovely banquets or smart seminars.
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Oh my God... I was wondering why we didn’t have had this place before. I took duck Aslı’m the main course and the service was just excellent...

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We attended for lunch and were seated by the warm host on a nice table for two. We ordered from the a la carte.

I had the beef koftas, then the lamb. My wife had the cod. All were cooked to perfection. The lamb was particularly outstanding.

If we come back to Lille again I would happily eat supper here every night. Good selection of wines also which were reasonably priced. Outstanding.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We had beef koftas, then cod and lamb from the a la carte menu. The menu is in French, but our waiter helped to translate a few things for us. Our dishes were all excellent, with both meat and vegetables cooked to perfection and all delicious, especially the lamb.
The service was good, with a nice atmosphere and stylish decor. We would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

The exterior of this restaurant does not reflect how delightful it is upon entry.
We were warmly greeted and well placed.
The menu was extremely tempting. In the end I chose to go with the specials of the day, the pea velouté with lardons and poached egg was particularly delicious and the steak main was close behind in the taste stakes.
Do choose this restaurant if you want fine food in a relaxed environment.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went out with the family to celebrate a 65th birthday (my own as it happened) and we couldn't have made a better choice from the hundreds of eateries that Lille apparently boasts.
The restaurant is small and intimate, and the ambience is relaxed and friendly. The service throughout was attentive, but never intrusive.
We had an imaginitive and very well-cooked three course meal, with well-chosen wines (including one from my wife's family vinyard in Alsace, which is not exactly down the road!) and a really fine champagne. It was obviously a small but enthusiastic kitchen, and it showed in the quality and presentation of the dishes, and in the complex flavours that the chef produced.
If you want a great evening out in an authentic French restaurant, without gimmicks or tourist tat, this is the place to go! It was also excellent value for money. I'll be returning for my 85th birthday!