“When somebody asks me about a good restaurant I always answer: La Roulotte!”
Review of La Roulotte

La Roulotte
Ranked #134 of 2,012 Restaurants in Toulouse
Price range: US$19 - US$34
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jacobins
Description: La Roulotte is a cozy little corner with playful and colorful decoration that will make you travel. In the plates, a wandering kitchen is proposed, from the local to the revisited. Also, the Roulotte travels the world and transports your palates to unknown countries. Other specialties and sure values ​​of the house that have earned him his reputation: lasagna with fresh pasta and white chocolate 'coulants'
Reviewed 4 April 2018

La Roulotte is a small but excellent restaurant in the heart of Toulouse (near place de la Daurade).
Service is excellent and the food is super tasty cooked with fresh products. Their choice of wine is also excellent which makes the experience unforgettable!
I totally recommend eating there and don't forget to book as it can be quite busy specially during weekends!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Diane had been here before, we visited one cool January lunchtime. A small, most restaurant, with good food. Busy, so one needs to arrive early, ; they were sold out of the lovely sounding chicken dish, so we had Toulouse sausage instead, a small but tasty salad, and a good chocolate dessert. The setting, the staff, the music, all totally charming. Locals seem to flock here. Good food, but not stunning. Very good value.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We walked in on a Wednesday eve and the restaurant was empty except for one other table, we were immediately asked in a fairly unfriendly way whether we had a reservation, which we didn’t.

Anyway once seated it just felt that the service was a little frosty. The food was ok, nicely presented but just average and a little disconcerting that you can see the chef popping things in and out if the microwave. My friends Vegetarian lasagne was in his words, ‘bland’.

So with just two courses and 35 Euros a person we felt fairly underwhelmed when we left. I don’t think I’ll be returning even though I live in the area, I wasn’t treated like that, I was viewed as a tourist I think! We had amazing food and service elsewhere, so my advice would be to go elsewhere (check my other reviews).

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

First time at La Roulotte and it was absolutely perfect from the food, through the atmosphere to the team who was helpful, caring and friendly. Great spot to spend an evening with friends or a romantic face to face.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Went here for dinner with a friend. The waitress was smoking a cigarette right outside when we arrived - a bit off-putting but we persevered as had read such shining reviews. The restaurant isn't in any way plush, but what it lacked in comfort it made up for in food. Food was very good, followed by a fab cheese board. The wine was tasty and reasonably priced. The major downside was that there is no toilet on-site. You have to ask when you want to go and be given a key and shown into a doorway just down the road. Shame as the food was fab. Recommend if you don't care about the inconvenient toilet situation.