All reviews charming hotel four poster bed wooden floors excellent location stanislas square place stanislas lots of character beautiful old building old style street side central location stained glass short walk public parking would highly recommend this hotel shower head bell tower
Reviewed 18 June 2018

A good location for shops & restaurants, we were on Motorcycles and parking was at the front of the hotel on the paving near the front entrance not ideal but adequate.
Staff were helpful and friendly and the rooms were nice with showers.
Breakfast was the usual continental breakfast which was good.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018

This is a quirky hotel in a great location just off the Place Stanislas. The rooms are good, the staff helpful and the breakfast excellent. There isn't any on-site parking but there's a car park just across the road.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was a bit worried as the Hotel des Prelats was not my first choice but it was a last minute stop and I am glad we made the decision to stay. The central location was perfect...an easy walk to Stanislas Square. The night manager was incredibly helpful as we arrived by car and the parking facility down the street was full due to a carnival. He managed to secure a spot in the small area in front of the hotel and also suggested, along with making dinner reservations, a lovely restaurant within easy walking distance from the hotel...all within the first hour of our late evening arrival!

Our room was small, clean, with a comfortable bed and good sized bathroom with a bathtub. It is not a hotel to sit in your room and enjoy the day but a perfect place to spend the night and visit the sites of Nancy. My only concern was the lack of A/C in our room...not necessary during our stay but in the warm summer months this could be an issue. All in all a well priced hotel in a great location, with helpful, friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms. A great value!

Room tip: In the summer months ensure you book a room with A?C
Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Having stayed in Nancy on numerous occasions this hotel has been the best 3 star hotel I’ve stayed in.
Great location (behind) the square a found this hotel clean,quirky, great breakfast and value for money.
Staff very helpful and tentative.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I have read a few of the unhappy reviews and it seems like these people are very cranky. Squeaky floors. Expensive parking. Beds that you can't sleep in. Who are these people? What castle do they live in at home? Give me a break.

The check in was extremely fast and efficient, with two friendly young women - Lucie and Lorène - looking after the front desk. I gave my name and received my keys. That's it. The reservation was made through bookingdotcom so they had the info already.

The rooms were small but by no means tiny. The sheets and bedding white and crisp. The heat was on, making the room cozy compared to the cold outside. The TV is tiny, but who comes to watch TV? You can see the latest news in French just as well on the small screen.

Shower was great with overhead rain shower and hand-held option.

Breakfast was European and plenty of cheese, cold cuts and fresh breads available along with 4 kinds of fruit, several jams and two kinds of honey. Coffee was strong, fresh and hot. Again Lucie and Lorène manning the reception and the breakfast service, big smiles and very patient with my horrible French.

Parking is out front or at any other pay lot. I recommend downloading the app and paying that way as you can modify your time on your phone. Also, after 7 PM and before 10 AM there is no metered charge.

Location is superb, directly adjacent to the cathedral and two blocks from the gated Stanislau square with its Opera, Museum of Fine Arts and a ton of restaurants. Also on the rue that the hotel is on, myriad shops which, after the Christmas break, were all featuring sales so the street was packed with shoppers and full of life.

I loved the hotel and would have stayed for a week if I had more time. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Second floor rooms, 224 and 225 were very nice
Date of stay: January 2018