Hotel New York
    US$176
    • Room Service
    US$150
    US$187
    See what travelers are saying:
    Reviewed 10 April 2015

booked this hotel as it was in the centre of nancy and good value, the receptionist didn't speak a word of English and there was some confusion over payment but we managed to get that sorted out quickly, the hotel is small and so are the rooms, but as this was just a quick 1 night stay over we were ok with that, the room was clean and tidy but very basic, a little noisy due to its location but once the shutters were down you could barley hear the noise outside, there is no parking at this hotel but there is plenty of on street and underground parking nearby. We booked breakfast also which was pretty good, all in all a good value, good location hotel.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed 7 January 2015

Arrived late, and lak of security mant my key was just sitting on the bench. Comfortable rooms, but they over charged my card and wouldn't have told me except I tracked down a staff memeber on the extremely rare time they were actually in the hotel. The opening time at reception means nothing, you'll find no staff there. When I called asking for help, the phone was hung up on me several times so I gave up and left.

Room Tip: Ask for private bathroom
    • Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
    Reviewed 25 August 2014

We booked via www.venere.com. When we arrived at the hotel during the ridiculous opening hours stated at the booking confirmation (17 till 20 I think) - there was still nobody there!!! It took 50 minutes of standing outside in the cold and 2 long phone calls before we got inside. They offered us two rooms instead of one triple room for no extra cost, which was nice.
    The hotel itself is cheap (like the flooring is falling apart, etc) but reasonably clean.
    It would have been fine had we not encountered the problem with opening hours and poor excuse that they did not receive our booking and therefore did not even want to let us in initially. The attitude really is awful.
    And other thing - they have a bell on the outside door which could be heard all over the hotel - so we ended up going downstairs and letting other guests in - because nobody could be bothered to be at the reception during the opening hours - surely this is not what a guest should do in a hotel...?

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
    Reviewed 25 December 2013

Confirmation email arrived 20 minutes before we did, although booked days earlier. Reception and the whole hotel was shut, although we arrived within the time stated at which it would be open. Nobody answered the bell. Eventually let in by another hotel guest. Message to dial 9 to speak to someone using the reception phone. Nobody ever answered. Eventully located our keys and found the rooms. The reception smelled like a public lavatory. The area outside was distinctly rough. Very nervous about leaving our laden car on the street as nobody at the hotel to let us into their car park. The rooms were OK, to be fair. Left early to get away before reception opened.
    Exchange of emails after departure they were rude and suggested I didn't know how to book a hotel and why didn't we stay for breakfast. No apology for their errors. Ghastly attitude.
    The rooms are OK but the stairs are a nightmare, the reception stank, their attitude was arrogant and unfriendly. The area is not pleasant if not down right dangerous. This is one to avoid.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
    2  Thank buongustaio
    Reviewed 3 June 2013

For a budget hotel this one is a good one, not too far from the railway station and close to the Place Stanislas, and the Musee Beau arts and the park with a small zoo. I went wandering and came across an incredibly bustling market with an incredible array of meats, fruit and vege, spices and breads. The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable. I had a room next to a central courtyard so there was the smell of smoke drifting in occasionally. The shower worked well I am tall and it was fine with plenty of hot water. Wifi was good also. The receptionist let me keep my bag there until late afternoon as French Railway stations do not have locker facilities. Traveling on my own I felt perfectly safe here.
    Nearby was a fabulous little wine bar and a most excellent restaurant La Poule' Ange

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo