Ibis Nancy Centre Gare et Congres
US$57
Priceline
US$150
US$187
All reviewsrailway stationgreat locationvery nice hotelcroissantssquarestanislascentreparistoilet
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My partner and I recently had a booking with the Ibis in Nancy for 3 nights in total.
The hotel itself is visually appealing and central to Nancy. When we arrived in the room, it was very very small with a window facing the main Centre of town. The room was hot and stuffy with no ventilation. I attempted to turn on the climate control for the room which seemed to not be working. We alerted reception to be told that the climate control was switched off over the winter months and there was no way to use this system in the entire building.
Suffice to say were not very happy – we tried to sleep with the window open for some fresh air but the noise from the square beneath the hotel was almost unbearable. There were people drinking and walk and talking until the early hours of the morning. In the morning, my partner again went to speak with reception – to look at options as we could not stay another 2 nights. He was told that there was nothing they could do about temperature, was offered the fan and when asked about a thinner duvet cover so as to not be hot when the window was shut – was told all rooms had the same duvet with no other option.
Cut a long story short - we moved hotel that day. To the mecure across the square - with assurance of a full refund. Later in the day however, we received an email from the ibis – which was clearly incorrect as it was only a partial refund. I walked back across to the ibis with our original payment and the receipt. To be told that we were still being charged for the 1st night with the hotel and would only be refunded the 2 nights not stayed. I explained that were told we would receive a full refund – which was denied. On closer review of the bill we were also charged for breakfast – which we did not have. When alerting the hotel to this I was told we had had breakfast. I once more clearly stated that we did not – at which time it was agreed to refund the breakfast amount directly to my account.
I explained that the move was unfortunate – but had we known that there was no climate control in the hotel we would have booked elsewhere. I also explained that we had to resort to sleeping with the window open – but that the noise overnight was unbearable – at which I was told that we booked in the centre of Nancy so this was to be expected.
In sum, the room issues were a bad – but it was the staff and how our concerns were managed that really made our stay uncomfortable and unpleasant. We were made to feel that our concerns were insignificant and offered ridiculous solutions to help solve problem. The hotel was not gracious nor respectful.

Room Tip: Book at the mecure across the square - its a bit more pricey - but worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Much too hot and sticky in the room.
Bathroom functional but poorly equipped.
Breakfast good standard.
Night staff very friendly, tried to help with m'y headache by giving me a pain pull of his personal ones.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Stéphane B, Directeur général at Ibis Nancy Centre Gare et Congres, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Joerg-Peter,

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was super convenient in getting to the train station. We only stayed one night in Nancy on our way back to Paris. The city is beautiful- which is good so we weren't in the hotel long. The front desk was very nice and helpful. It's a small hotel- the rooms were tiny and the air conditioning was not the strongest. Prices were great so if you just need a quick place to stay- this is a good choice.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Stéphane B, Directeur général at Ibis Nancy Centre Gare et Congres, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Kristina,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Nancy Centre Gare et Congrès hotel.

Sandrine - Duty Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Very nice hotel, modern, good staff, great breakfast as you get fab French bread and real French croissants!!!!

Hotel was clean, room was ok, ensuite was fine, with walk in shower. Quite big. Good wi-fi...

Would I use it again? Yes.

Room Tip: I was in top floor overlooking Nancy. Good view out front.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Stéphane B, Directeur général at Ibis Nancy Centre Gare et Congres, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Jolyon S,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Nancy Centre Gare & Congres.

It's always lovely to receive positive feedback and I will share your comments with our team. For sure, that feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one !

Sandrine - Duty Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I had to catch an early train to Paris and it was the best bet. The room are little small but well equiped and with good sound prooving. 10 min walk to the Place Stanislas a large pedestrianised square which need to be seen. Many restaurant around.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank MariniMarin
Stéphane B, Directeur général at Ibis Nancy Centre Gare et Congres, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Marini,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis hotel Nancy Centre Gare et Congrès.

Your ibis hotel Nancy Centre Gare et Congrès