“Real Libanon from cellar to the roof”
Review of Le Loubnane

Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sorbonne
Description: It was in 1984 that Kamal Nassif, heir to the Ambassador of the Lebanese Gastronomy in France, had the good sense to open Loubnane, continuing the work of his uncle: Rachid Youssef Makhoul, who was the first to try their luck dice 1952 by Chez Rachid, the delights of Lebanon, the only Lebanese restaurant in France. - Quality, home, passion has always been the currency of all establishments that Rachid Kamal and his brothers had the pleasure to know you over the years. - If the history of Lebanon is as complex as rich, what about her Gastronomy? Varied, fine and full of paradoxes, you will find in each of the dishes offered a delicious perfume of the Middle East, a subtle blend of spices and a story that Kamal and his team will surely tell you. - The Loubnane is one of those magical places or form has nothing to envy to the bottom; take time to discover the 13th Century Private rooms in the basement, drenched in history, they will transport you somewhere in the Land of Cedars or the meal is much more than a break in the day ... - It's your turn, close your eyes and let yourself be lulled by the favorite cuisine du Général de Gaulle ...
Reviewed 4 February 2020

Can we still be objective when we have known a restaurant for almost 30 years? We can always try. But, indeed, there is not much to say about the cuisine offered by the Loubnane. Even a (critical!) Lebanese friend of mine, who discovered the place three years ago, made it one of her canteens. That's all there is to it!

It is true that I also do my job quite badly since I am satisfied with the very large assortment of mezze which is more than enough to satisfy the ogre that I am.
My preference is for Rakakat, these delicious little goat cheese cigarettes wrapped in a brik leaf and fried. To eat as soon as they arrive at the table because they are much better very hot.

Then, the Arrayes could be my entire meal. Buns stuffed with meat and herbs and then grilled in the oven.

I'm not going to make you an inventory of hummus, baba ganesh and other samboussek (cheeses or meats) that dot the menu. Both a loyal cook and decades of experience give all these dishes an impeccable quality consistency.

For lovers, we can note the presence of kebbé nayé, lamb tartare and raw beef, mixed with crushed wheat.
In addition, the diversity of the Mezzés allows vegetarians to enjoy a varied meal without feeling like a fifth wheel. I brought vegetarian Indian customers who were amazed both at the cuisine and at the fact that it was the Parisian canteen of one of the biggest Indian billionaires! If you want a delivery onboard your private jet at Le Bourget, the house knows how to do it.
However, desserts remain a diabetic suicide, whether in the form of dry honey-based pastries or fresh with cream. Including the famous Mouhallabiyeh, whose pronunciation difficulty is inversely proportional to the ease of tasting. A delight but beware of abuse.

But the owners are not resting on their laurels. They sometimes create certain variations so as not to sclerose in tradition. And sometimes do me the honor of asking me for my opinion. For lighter desserts, among other things!
As we are in one of the oldest districts of Paris, the basement conceals its secret garden in the form of an arched cellar, both for groups and for more private meals.

Finally, for those who would like to organize special events, Matthieu Nassif is a co-manager of a large barge that can accommodate you for evenings on the Seine. For a more than reasonable price, you can organize receptions and birthdays with the full food service included. I tested it for you, and it was perfect!
Opened in 1984, we can only hope that we will all be there to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the establishment in 2024.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank Tabledogre
Write a reviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed 18 January 2020

Fine, but expensive (30 €/person) mezze; poor and as expensive (6€/10 cl) red wine; friendly service. What is really outrageous is that they charge TVA (10-20%) *on top* of the stated prices. Never seen anything like this elsewhere across Europe!

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank stehbar
Loubnane, Directeur général at Le Loubnane, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2020

Dear Customer

It seems that you are better in writing than in reading, and also better in English than in mathematics... we just detail, as the Law requires, the different VAT rates (10% for food / 20% for alcohol) at the bottom of the check , but do not charge anything more !!!

Regarding the wine, I guess you're suffering from the same illness as my wife: each time I offer her 15 cm, she tells me that there are only 10

Reviewed 13 October 2019

Family vibe and a basement level grotto style restaurant with delicious Lebanese food. We had a wonderful mezze and everything tasted exactly like I expected. Good value, lots of wine and drinks. Very fun neighborhood.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank actionjak1
Reviewed 31 July 2019

VERY good food. One of my husband's favorite meals. Lots of flavor and lots of food...for a very affordable price. Extremely nice staff. Great service. I also recommend a reservation if going here.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Buffalo66
Reviewed 29 June 2019

I have been at Loubnane for more than 25 years and recently proposed to a group of colleagues to have dinner there after a long business meeing in paris. It was convenient for all even if we were staying at different locations. many metro stations around.
Our dinner was excellent. it was the first time I a had dinner in the cellar, but this was good news as it was extremely warm that evening in paris.
We have chosen some 20 mezze to shrae for a group of 7, two bottles of wine; All colleagues were extremely satisfied and grateful for the choice. All the food is excellent. And we paid 25 euro / person. Will continue to come back and this remains my favourite lebanese in paris and far around.

Date of visit: June 2019