“Come here to people watch”
Review of Cafe Charbon

Cafe Charbon
Ranked #3,533 of 19,411 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: 11th Arr. - Popincourt
Reviewed 29 September 2018

We just came for a drink before dinner, as our Airbnb wasn't far. This place was recommended somewhere, so we went. We squeezed into seats on the sidewalk facing out to people watch. I'm a New Yorker and not too attached to my own personal space, but this was a bit too crowded, all of us sitting shoulder-to-shoulder facing the same direction. But yes - drinks were good and people watching was even better.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

After having such a wonderful experience in Paris, this was a real dampener on the trip. The barman completely overcharged us on our drinks and then refused to give us any change! He clearly knew what he had done as refused to look us in the eye and look mildly guilty! Do not recommend!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Our waiter had very good English. They even had a blackboard with all the meals written up in English. Food was very good, service fast and friendly. Would go there again.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I went to the restaurant with a friend. We ordered a burrata. It was ok. Then, I ordered an chicken with vegetables and my friend a pasta with aspargos for the main courace. My vegetables were completelly raw! The chicken seemed to have been done in watter. No teste. No sauce. I called the waiter, explained and asked to change for the cod fish because the client next me was eating and it looked more atractive. They brought the vegetables exactly the same with the fish that was one third I saw on the table next to me. There was so much salt on it!
I complained again and ordered the check.
They charged me for the dish!!!! I did not eat! I should have taken pic of the plate! It would have been enough to see what kind of food they have! The pasta was also disappointing. My friend ate because she was really hungry. I left the restaurant and we went to another one at the same street.
The manager behavior was inapropriate!
It was our first day in Paris.
I strongly suggest do NOT GO !

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Great service staff and reliably good food make this an excellent choice on Rue Oberkampf. Try the roast lamb, Vietnamese tartar, tuna with sesame, or a great burger. The menu is extensive enough to keep you coming back often.

Date of visit: March 2018