“Friendly stuff, speaking fluently English”

Office du Tourisme et des Congres de Paris
Book In Advance
More Info
US$126.46*
and up
Paris Passlib'
Ranked #185 of 2,275 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover all the tourist information as well as those essential tickets for a nice stay in Paris directly to one of our Tourism Offices in Paris : one located at 29 rue de Rivoli (metro station : Hôtel de Ville), the other one in the Gare du Nord station and also, through our official website.
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Thank you for the pleasant experience of picking up my travel passes. The staff was really friendly and professional. I had a good experience using the customer service center.

Date of experience: July 2018
OTCP, Responsable relations clients at Office du Tourisme et des Congres de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hello Kristiin S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We are happy read that the service you received met your expectations. The quality of service we offer to our customers is our priority.

We hope to see you again in Paris and on parisinfo.com.

Best regards,

The Customer service - Parisinfo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,200)
All reviews
in 89 reviews
"attractions"
in 92 reviews

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

We had come to Paris the first time in 2010. My son was 7 at the time. He loved the Eiffel Tower and required us to eat breakfast each morning in the park at its base. After we returned home he proclaimed to all that his favorite city in the world was Paris. Now 8 years later we return. The Eiffel Tower park is in shambles and the tower itself is behind tin walls and barricade fencing. Armed militia patrol its interior base. You have to go they security check points and have your bags screened and searched. The chaos to go up the tower will challenge even the bravest of heart. We travelled around the city using the hop on/off bus and got to see many sights worth seeing and many not. Trash was everywhere. Our favorite restaurant had gone to crap. Everything was different. My heart cried for the city and it’s people. No, for the world! We have lost our freedoms and we now use military might to protect our sacred and treasured national parks, museums, etc.

2  Thank wilson20311
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I am an international tourist who visited Paris with my family in July 2018.
I purchased a Paris city pass package online on 25 May 2018 and this was delivered to me in my home country by post.

Included in this package was a purchase giving me and my family access to the 2nd floor of the Eiffel Tower on the 03 July at 10:30 am.

The enclosed letter instructed me to enter the Eiffel Tower precinct and to go to the Pilier Ouest where I would be issued with tickets to go up to the 2nd level.

My 2 kids,my wife and I arrived early on the 3rd of July 2018 and went to the counter with the letter I had received from Tourism Paris.
I was told by a male assistant at the counter that the letter was no good and that I would have to collect the tickets from the Tourism office in the city!!!!!????

I was not happy with this answer and tried my best to reason with the employee at the counter.He refused to assist me.
Alongside me,at the next counter,a Canadian couple were having the EXACT same problem.The lady serving them told them that the rules had changed 2 DAYS AGO and that they would have to get the tickets from the Tourism office in the city.

We both agreed that we would not do this as we are tourists in a strange city, would battle to get to your offices, and had plans already for the rest of the day!We told the staff that we would not be leaving until they resolved our problem.

That’s how customer service works in the rest of the world!!!

We requested to speak to the manager.

The lady at the counter phoned him to come and speak to us.

When he arrived ( a pony-tailed male),I greeted him and requested that he try to resolve my problem.I said to him that I could not speak French but he was rude and dismissive of me and refused to communicate with me.He spoke in French the entire time to his employees!He ignored me!!!! He was dismissive of me!!Is this how you treat your guests?I am contributing to your economy while on holiday here and this is how I am treated?????

When the Canadian couple and I insisted that he needed to provide a better solution to our problem he instructed his employees to call security for us!!!!!

Really???!!!!

We are NOT criminals!!!!!!

Is this a dictatorship in Paris?????

We are law abiding visitors NOT CRIMINALS!!!

When the 4 burly security guys arrived they treated us like criminals!!!!
They made me feel as though I was a dog and that I had done something wrong.

We were told by the Eiffel Tower staff and security that this was not their problem!!!This was a Tourism Paris problem and that we should sort it out with you!

We were escorted out of the precinct like criminals and directed to the Pullman Hotel.We were told to seek assistance there!

When I got there the staff there were kind enough to let me use their business facilities to check my emails.
They told me they could not help me beyond that as they did not know how to resolve my problem!
It was then that I noticed that Tourism Paris had emailed me tickets for entry to the Eiffel Tower on the 2nd July!!!!
This is ridiculous and disgraceful.I had been travelling internationally for 3 weeks and did not have access to printers and email.How on earth can a Tourism body operate like this????!!

My family and I as well as this Canadian couple were treated like criminals!
We were dismissed like children by the “pony-tailed” male manager at the Eiffel Tower as well as by the staff members there that we tried to get assistance from.

Paris is overrated and sucks!!!!!

Is this how you treat international visitors?????

Of all the cities we visited in Europe,you have a lot you need to work on Paris when it comes to customer experience and treating your guests!!!!!!!!!

Learn how to treat your visitors!!!No tourist would be treated like this in my home country!Ever!!!

In fact nobody,even locals,should ever be treated like this!

Hang your heads in shame for the way you have treated your guests!

Disgusting!

1  Thank Bushma
OTCP, Responsable relations clients at Office du Tourisme et des Congres de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Bushma,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment.
We are sincerely sorry to hear that your experience at the Eiffel tower and with our products didn’t meet with your expectations.

First of all, we’d like to let you know that your message has been transferred to our direction and also the staff of the Eiffel tower to make sure this situation won’t happen again in the future. The visitors’ satisfaction is a priority for all of us.

The procedure to access the monument recently changed (on July 1st 2018) and our Customer service team has done all its best to let the visitors know about it as soon as possible, by e-mail and through the phone as well.
Now, the final e-tickets which allow you to access the Eiffel tower are printed and sent to the customer few days before the time booked during the online purchase, even if the whole booking has been done several months before.

This situation was totally under your control and again, we apologize for all the inconveniences caused by this last-minute update. Our Customer service team just sent you a detailed message by e-mail, please note that we seriously took your feedback into consideration and we really want to offer you a compensation regarding this experience.

We really hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Paris anyway and you will visit us again.

The Customer service - Parisinfo

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Very average compared to other tours we did. I think the audio tour would have been more informative. Guide only described the pieces of art she showed us. Very little other information or history shared.