Arcadie Montparnasse
US$206
US$182
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Citadines Place d'Italie Paris(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$139
US$285
US$249
  • Fitness center
US$391
US$367
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$158
  • Pool
US$394
US$353
  • Room Service
All reviewsgaite metro stationgreat locationa short walking distancecroissantsroom was small but cleanstandard roomwould stay againnice staylong weekendmain attractionsbreakfast was includedmontparnassestreetfrenchhairdryerliftbistros
Reviewed February 6, 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for a long weekend, Friday to Monday. We were in room 43, a standard room which, to our delight, overlooked a courtyard rather than a busy street, so it was lovely and quiet. The room itself was small (but what else would you expect in Paris?), but had everything we needed, and the en suite was clean. We didn't pay for breakfast as felt it unnecessary when there are so many bakeries, and a big Monoprix, a short walk away from the hotel. One of the best things about the hotel is that it's directly outside Gaité metro station, making it easy to zip around the city. We took the RER B from CDG to Denfert-Rochereau, then to Montparnasse-Bienvenüe, and then to Gaité (though you could also just get off at Montparnasse-Bienvenue, as Gare du Montparnasse is a 5 minute walk from the hotel).
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. We had two issues, though – firstly, for security reasons, you have to drop your key card off at reception whenever you leave the hotel, which is strange... and rather annoying, as you can't just come in after a night out and go upstairs. Secondly, while the male staff doing the night shift were really nice, we didn't get a good impression of the lady who checked us into the hotel on Friday afternoon, who seemed to work the day shift every day, apart from the day we checked out. She was rude and uptight, and even though she encountered us constantly she never seemed to remember who we were, or what room number we were in – even when we'd just been to the supermarket and dropped our key off with her half an hour earlier! Maybe her memory is just really bad, but I get the impression she was deliberately being awkward.

Room Tip: Room 43 is a budget – not a 'confort' room – but overlooks a quiet courtyard.
Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grace H
Hotels_Dupain, Propriétaire at Arcadie Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

First of all, I am glad to read that you appreciate your stay in our hotel. You didn't enjoy our breakfast, il's a pity because it is a nice buffet breakfast with cheese, ham, saucisson, yoghurt (white and with fruits), different kind of cereals, almonds, dried apricots, prunes, fruit salad, fresh fruits, different jams and butters, coffee or chocolate or various kind of nice tea, and of course the baguettes from the bakery next to the hôtel and "les viennoiseries : croissants, pain au chocolat, torsades, brioches, pain aux raisins, chaussons aux pommes "...
About the key, it is only for your own security. If there is a fire in our hotel (we hope never!), the firefighters can immediatly be informed which room is occupied or not. As they can work very efficiently and save people quickly.
Concerning our staff, usually there isn't the same person on Friday and on Saturday and Sunday. May be ... a little fatigue, but it is not an excuse.I do apologize. It is not the use in our hotel, quite the opposite we like so much welcome our guests and help them to discover our beautiful town Paris ! Thank you for your opinion which help us to do better. Dupain marie-agnès.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Arcadie Monparnasse is a compact, conveniently located establishment, ideal for the Paris visitor requiring cleanliness, comfort & a good, filling French breakfast. The Staff are friendly & helpful. Recommended!

Room Tip: Areas for improvement: Shower curtain necessary. Additional coat hangers
Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotels_Dupain, Responsable relations clients at Arcadie Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear Kevin B,

It is our pleasure to know you are fully satisfied with your stay.

Please be assured that we will continue doing our best at looking after our guestts while making further progress to serve you better.

Warmest regards,

Madina

Reviewed January 23, 2018

I booked a room at the Arcadie Montparnasse hotel via booking.com with a free cancellation until April 27, 2018 and a cancellation fee from April 28, 2018 of €100.
The same day the hotel wrote off 100€ from the bank card indicated by me.
On January 15, I canceled the booking and wrote a request to Arcadie Montparnasse via booking.com for a refund of 100€ written off.
During 4 working days the hotel didn't returned the money and ignores my letters via booking.com.
The website of the hotel does not work (until now). I was forced to find the website of the hotel in Google's cache, find an e-mail there and insistently ask the hotel to return the money.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Hotels_Dupain, Responsable relations clients at Arcadie Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Dear Madame,
We are really sorry for the inconvenience.
We always make a pre-authorization in order to check the validity of the credit card just for guarantee. In case of cancellation according to cancellation policy we refund this amount.
In your case we are sorry that it took three days, but these days we had a problem with our machine.
Again our apologies for the inconvenience!
Best regards, Diana

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Good location.
Good staff.
Clean bed but a bit small room
No slippers in the room (!)
No foot towel in the bath (!) but shower has no curtain. It was difficult to move in a small bathroom with very slippery ground...
Only for short stay

Room Tip: Far away from the street which is quite busy
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank atastr
Hôtels L, Attachée de Direction at Arcadie Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Dear atastr, First of all I would like to thank you for leaving a comment further to your stay in our establishment, it always helps us to improve the services we offer. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the great location of the hotel, the kindness and professionnalism of our team as well as the cleanliness of our rooms. However you did not find any bathmat in your bathroom and I am sorry for that, it should have been one. Next time, if missing something in your room, please do not hesitate to ask directly the reception and our team will quickly provide to you the missing items. Also you were disappointed not finding any slippers in the room and we do not offer any for the moment. However, I take good note of you remark for improving even more our facilities. I hope I will have the pleasure to welcoming you back for your next Parisian stay, Best regards, Amelia Desprez - General Manager Assistant

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Nice hotel with friendly staff, small (to be expected in Paris) and clean rooms, basic breakfast. It was a very warm weekend, so the lack of air conditioning was unpleasant. I couldn't open the window, because my room (47) was located at the back of the hotel looking out over Rue de la Gaïté - every night there is a lot of noise until the wee hours of the morning. The hotel itself is very quiet though.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, ask for a room that is not on the side of Rue de la Gaïté
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank thomasvochten

Dear thomasvochten, First of all let me thank you for leaving a comment further to your stay in our property. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the different services we offer, the cleanliness of our rooms as well as the amability and kindness of our team. However you couldn't open the windows of your room because of its location on rue de la Gaité and I am sorry for that. Next time do not hesitate to book a Comfort room and ask it to face the inner courtyard of the hotel, our team will do its utmost to answer your needs and you won't have any noise inconvenience. I hope I will soon have the pleasure to welcoming you back ! Best regards, Amelia Desprez - General Manager Assistant