“Wow!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was a breath taking experience. It was a treat for every taste bud in my mouth and throat. Don't talk too much while eating but go for the enjoyable rollercoaster of subtle tastes and textures. Besides, service was very good, polite and not too formal. And the interior was very beautiful as well. It was great!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of my favorite restaurants in Paris. Little known chef with a great future. To discover absolutely for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you like tasting menus,and Michelin-starred restaurants, this would be a good and memorable choice. Many of the first courses center around seafood, so liking that type of food would be a criteria. However, the staff did ask if there were any seafood we didn't like. Two of us were not a fan of oysters, so we were given an alternate dish for that course. Although we all elected to get the same number of courses for our menus, we were given the option of some of us getting more/less courses. I have not had that happen before, so was impressed. We also had 3-choices for the main course, and again everyone could make their own choice. Two were particularly good/flavorful (steak and pigeon). The overall price for the tasting menu is one of the more reasonable 2-starred restaurants in Paris. Although, the price can quickly go up with bottles of wine/water/champagne. They did not have a wine pairing but were very helpful in suggesting different bottles/glasses of wine, at various price ranges, for each course.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yes....chef and hid kitchen are there with the best. We are big fans of top-end restaurants... I review but a tiny portion of places I have stayed and eaten.

A lovely calming restaurant staffed by professional and non-intrusive staff.

The food? Well, that is what it is all about and it sure does not disappoint. Chef had a time at L'Auberge du Vieux Puits ( I still picture the cheese trolly!) where I, and my son, had a very memorable meal and stay .So, chef has been with the best.

The food is subtle, inventive artistically plated and the combination of tastes are perfect. Nothing overwhelmed.It is a treat for the palate. I am not a huge fan of seafood but this was excellent and I savoured every bite.

Was there anything that disappointed a little. Yes. I did not like the beef which was not to my taste. It was too gamey and far too dry. Give me a 35-day aged beef any day over this, especially an Irish grass-fed Angus-a true super meat. The pigeon, which I should have ordered was superb.

(NB-If this has been of any help at all to you...please leave a helpful vote - and for any other review by other reviewers!)

2  Thank Harleyclarkey
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Beautifully plated, inspired dishes with impeccable service without the typical pretension surrounding Michelin-starred tasting menus. The wine list was diverse and approachable - highly recommended!