Hotel des Bains
US$213
US$180
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Citadines Place d'Italie Paris(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$192
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsnarrow stairscheese shopbreakfast areagreat showereasy accessfree wifilatin quartereiffel towermontparnasseelevatormetroluggagefrance
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Stayed here for two nights this week - was a little concerned by some of the reviews, but loved the location before we even stepped foot inside. Nestled between two short walk Metro locations - one with a direct route to the Eiffel Tower. Quieter street, just off a busy street with lots of conveniences (pizza, pastries, drug store, grocery store, pub, liquor store, cheese shop, candy store) within a few yards. Office staff spoke English, lobby is quaint with a breakfast area. Parking was not easily understood - we were told not to park out front, so we unpacked the car, put luggage in the small lobby, rounded the block and found a parking lot not terribly convent, but close by. GLad I was prepared for the tiny elevator, as it is quite small - but I am from New York, and this is normal in boutique hotels in the city. There is a skinny stairwell as well to travel up, which my husband and son did while I rode the elevator. It is fair to say, there would have to be some concerns about perhaps, elderly or anyone with disabilities to access certain rooms in this hotel, as we had to access skinny stairs, after the elevator ride. Our room was nice, very homey - GREAT Windows that opened up for fresh air - bathroom was newly remodeled and had a great shower. No international channels on TV, which was a let down as we had traveled other remote parts of France that offered BBC, was kind of surprised to find that it wasn't available in Paris. No refrigerator, coffee maker or microwave. Biggest disappointment- WIFI was "down" during our entire 2 night stay. had to Go to pub next store for a drink each night to access their free wifi. DIfferent staff members almost seemed to indicate that it had been down for a while - was not notified when we checked in. Bottom line, you get what you pay for - it was a decent room in a really decent area - just don't expect too many bells and whistles- we were rarely in the room as there is sooo much to see in this great city!!! All said, I would probably stay again.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Henri Philippe R, Directeur général at Hotel des Bains, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Sir,
What is important in your appreciation is that you will probably come back if you have the opportunity.
Now let's look at what is not so good.
Our Wifi was created a few years ago, at a time when we only had a mobile phone. Today each couple has two mobile phones and often a tablet. It is easy to understand that the system can not absorb all the traffic that flows from it, so the whole dijunct.
We are lucky that the fiber was installed recently on our street and in a few days this problem will no longer exist since the fiber multiplies the traffic by 10.
For the rest, the hotel can only offer what corresponds to the service it offers. Nevertheless, you have at the office that communicates with the lounge of the hotel, a microwave and a refrigerator with ice dispenser and the hotel offers permanently, for a very reasonable price, coffee, espresso, macchiato, tea ... etc.
Thank you for your contribution and we send you our best regards.
HdB

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I booked the hotel through booking.com as the reviews were quite good and it is very close to Montparnasse train station. Unfortunately, the guy at the reception could not find the booking despite me showing him the confirmation and my bank statement ( I had been debited at the moment of the booking). Now it might have been a problem in the system but the guy was not being sympathetic at all (rather defensive!) and offer us to find us a room if we paid for it. As it was late, we did so and I eventually got a refund from booking but we did not think we were treated in an appropriate manner. Additionally, even though the location is great, we thought that the room wasn't nice and not worth the £90 we were asked to pay.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Henri Philippe R, Directeur général at Hotel des Bains, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

I WILL LIKE TO UNDERSTAND
How do you judge the quality of the hotel bedding and the cleanliness of the rooms when you have not taken a room at the hotel?
Being disappointed because a reservation was not properly recorded does not allow a foolish comment.
Hello home.
HPR

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my family recently in august, the man on reception was useless at telling us anything! The room was ok quite big but basic, it was very very hot when we stayed at the first night we left the air con in ours and the children's room when I woke up in the morning I'd found that the air con in our room had been dripping dirty water and soaked my white trainers and by this point they were dirty smelly and the fur on them ruined, I spoke to the receptionist and he was no help I am really disappointed as they were expensive trainers and this wasn't a fault of mine I expected some sort of compensation for the trainers and the fact I had to put soaking wet trainers in my case of clothes to travel home in.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Henri Philippe R, Directeur général at Hotel des Bains, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

How curious, before paying for your stay, you brought me a pair of sneakers of modest quality, informing me that this one had been wet by the air conditioning which was leaking.
So we checked the air conditioning of the room you occupied and found that the floor underneath the appliance was perfectly dry.
It is strange, to say the least, that a leaking device leaves the wooden floor untouched.
We nevertheless had your sneakers dried in the dryer and we returned them in good condition.
At the time of settling your stay a brief speech was held to me. I had to understand that I had to offer you a discount in compensation for wet sneakers.
I think you must have taken me for a booby and I want to congratulate you for the quality of your comment.
Hello to you

Reviewed 17 July 2017

The location was wonderful and really close to public transit. The room was very nice and clean. I left really early in the morning and when I came back the beds had been made and the room was cleaned. Overall, I enjoyed my time here and would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Henri Philippe R, Directeur général at Hotel des Bains, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear guest,
The management of the hotel sends you its compliments and delighted by your pleasant stay.
Always ready to welcome you.
HdB

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We read discovered this hotel after 45 years, stopped here in 1972 on the way to Soviet Union as students and spent two weeks. We have been to Paris multiple times since but forgot the location of the hotel. Still a wonderful picturesque hotel with winding narrow stairs but very French. And it was an exciting place when we were young because of all the places to eat and young people, it is still that way with great restaurants all over within a half block.

The rooms are wonderfully decorated and large enough, bathrooms have been totally redone with excellent showers, tile work and the locks have recently been redone with card access. Rooms do have a safe. Our room looked out over a wonderful courtyard . Hope to come back for many years in our retirement.

The help was quite helpful.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
CANDEZE, Directeur général at Hotel des Bains, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Customer,
Plaese do not wait 45 years to come back because, unfortunately with my 72 years old, I probably would not be there anymore.
In any case I appreciate your comment that does not confuse, as others do, the Ritz and our house, but judges perfectly what it proposes considering that we remain modest.
I was happy to greet you.
HP REGIS