“Maxims Art Nouveau Collection”

Musee Art Nouveau Collection 1900 - Maxim's
Ranked #520 of 2,262 things to do in Paris
Reviewed 31 May 2017

What a waste of time. Open Wednesday to Sunday. 2.00pm English Speaking tour.
We turned up at 1.30, had an overpriced coffee in Maxims Cafe. Asked the Maitre'd wher tour started and he said outside the restaurant Entrance at 2.00. Wandered up at 1.45, 2.00pm came, 2.15? Three workers entered the Restaurant and nothing said even though they could clearly see we were waiting or are they actually that Ignorant or just Plain Stupid..I think the Latter. Eventually went into the Overpriced gift shop to be told that " Tour is Closed"? What a waste of Time. Will never go back even if they Reopen it as 2 year's ago we were here it was closed for Renovations. Maybe if they were a Professional Business they would put something about closure on their website. Thanks for nothing...and the Latte was below average!!!!!!!

2  Thank lawriearbon

Reviewed 14 February 2017

A tour of the dining room and private rooms of Maxim. See the wonderful 18th Century rooms and the private Art Nouveau apartment/collection of the late Pierre Cardin. The collection and the epoc are brought to life by the enthousastic guide. You will see art treasures rarely seem as well as relive the belle epoc.

1  Thank RattlerRich
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Very extensive collection presented with much love for this art form (Art Nouveau). It starts with a tour through the restaurant. Everything is 100% original which is unique in Paris and propels you back in time. It was a pleasant surprise that the tour of the restaurant was included. There are many beautiful items with a very knowledgeable guide who loves to share his inside knowledge. If you love Art Nouveau it is an absolute must.
There is no marketing for this beautiful gem. You need to be there in time, then the guide will open the door. Bad luck if you are late. He has to close the door because everything would be otherwise accessible.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Two of my sisters and a brother raved about this tour and how knowledgeable the gentleman tour guide was...We were very excited to experience this ourselves. Our tour was scheduled for 2pm and there were four of us standing out on the sidewalk at this time when a lady came hurrying down the street. She left us standing in the hot sun (87 degrees) while she went upstairs to 'open up'. Upon entering it was determined that the other couple did not have the cash required for entry and the man left to find a bank. We wandered around the bar area until 2:20, when the lady took us up several flights of stairs. At the top it was stifling hot and she proceeded to tell us who made a few of the pieces of furniture as we were ushered from room to room feeling rather rushed. During the tour I asked several questions and was given the answer "I don't know" each time. We received none of the anecdotes given to my family members (that were quite interesting) and in fact, when I asked my last question the lady said "I'm an actress, not a historian". The art pieces themselves were exquisite and it was pure joy just to see them, but it would have been nice to get some background. We found ourselves back in the lobby at 2:55 where we spent our last few minutes looking around the dining room of Maxim's. What a disappointing 'tour'. My suggestion is to make sure the gentleman is giving your tour.

1  Thank WayfarerOneEleven