“Overpriced / Famous / Must see”
Review of Le Train Bleu

Le Train Bleu
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Le Train Bleu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,603 of 18,715 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$76 - US$105
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bercy / Nation
Description: Listed historical monument inside the station at the first floor, the restaurant "Le Train Bleu" is opened every day for lunch and dinner. Breakfast are served in the bar lounges all the day
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Famous for its decor (paintings of the 19th century representing cities of South-East France), this chic brasserie is situated inside the Gare de Lyon train station. It offers expensive, classic dishes. You will be surrounded by Asian tourists and maybe a few older French provincial couples. One good thing is service is quick and generally quite polite and attentive. But prices are at least 50% over the area's standards.

TrainBleu S, Responsable commercial at Le Train Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear client, we thank you for your comment and we have duly noted all your remarks and we hope to welcoming you for another occasion. With best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,780)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was first taken here by my parents almost thirty years ago. Then Le Train Bleu was seen as a restaurant living on a reputation of past glory, and often had more tables than dinners but still a fabulous place to visit. Thankfully in more recent times, its renaissance is clear and over the past ten years I have found on several visits there is a great buzz and atmosphere among its splendid galleries. Before taking my train towards Dijon on Easter Sunday I decided for a quick lunch It was great to see so many people there with a good atmosphere in the main halls. However, I found the Maitre D. not particularly welcoming, seemingly more concerned about answering the phone and talking with other staff than looking after me. I was even less impressed that despite tables clearly available in the main restaurant I was conducted to a side room and given a corner table beside the door. The atmosphere and décor far from the splendid halls of the main restaurant had all the ambience of a funeral parlour. It did take some time for a waiter to come and take my request for an aperitif, and I was beginning to fear I might miss my train. When my main course arrived on a splendid silver trolley it was left sitting beside my table for another waiter to serve it. I could not but help feel, well that's happy memories of this restaurant best kept in the past and that this would be my last visit here. When my personal waiter did arrive and asked how I was I told him of my disappointment with my table, particularly in comparison with previous experiences. He immediately offered to change my table and without fuss led me into the main room prepared a table for me and was both accommodating and professional with clear pride in this place. The food was very good and from my initial disappointing experience my waiter, Guillaume saved the day, and for me the reputation of Le Train Bleu, if it had not been for his understanding and professional attention this would have been my last visit here, as it is I look forward to my next visit. Please be advised, this restaurant is expensive but it is an experience to dine surrounded with this fabulous décor, as long as you are not sent into a side room by the Maitre D!

1  Thank HughK1956
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This is a restaurant worth visiting! a magnificent interior, as if you are in a museum. We had breakfast in this place, everything was delicious and delicious. Do not be confused by its location, in the building of the Gare de Lyon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful birthday dinner with family on a weekday evening. The place is beautiful with a unique view of arriving and departing trains from the Gare de Lyon (windows are soundproof, of course). We didn't like the proposed course menu, so ordered à la carte. Amuse bouche, appetizers (we ordered foie gras mi-cuit in porto wine and mushroom velouté with croquette of foie gras) and little baguette were excellent and just the right amount. For the main dish, ordered grilled cod on a bed of risotto (with lobster bisque sauce), leg of lamb (sliced at the table and served with potato and leek gratin) and a tartar steak for our kid. All tasty as expected, but not much effort on presentation. Slices of meat randomly spread across the plate and covered in sauce, almost cafeteria-style. And as tasty and satisfying as our dishes were, there certainly was a plenty of room for creativity in terms of spices, herbs, garnishes, etc.
The desserts: lemon cream with meringue and poached pear, were pure merveille.
It's an excellent, classic French restaurant. But not recommended if you are seeking a culinary revolution.
4/5 because they made a mistake with our order (brought salmon instead of cod!) so two of us had to wait extra 5-10 min to get our dishes while others watched their meat grow cold...

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Two hours for lunch then treat yourselves to superb lunch -you will of course pay for the pleasure but with no regrets