See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Basic budget room. Room needed a deep clean including bathroom. Stayed in 3 Ibis Budgets during our trip and this was by far the worst.
Plus points were free WiFi and the friendly man who checked us in

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2016

if you don't care about your belongings, this is the place.

it's probably the oldest ibis budget I've stayed in, I can remember this outfit from 10-15 years ago, when it was still called ETAP. Anyhow, between the two night stay, I took my suitcase and valuables with me as I wanted to work and left toiletries as well as dirty laundry in the place - arriving in the evening for the second night I come back to an empty hotel room! housekeeping decided to throw away my belongings (im not suggesting stolen, but who knows!). the lady managing todays (7th May 2016) shift decided not to make any effort, laughed and smiled... I've got her to call housekeeping which of course lied and claimed the room was empty. it was obviously a mistake (I hope) on their side but there was no willingness to compensate or at least provide an exchange brush/toothpaste. I went out and bought new things, of course taking my valuables with me.

There are plenty of other similar priced + quality options around this one:
if you care about your belongings, pick a different one.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Where was nothing more nevertheless nothing missing. Is one of many ibis budget (formerly etap) hotels.
Room with a sink in the corner, toilet with a shower in a plastic cell, double bed with one bed above it.
Enough parking places, shopping centre 5 min walk, highway nearby.
If you are on a long journey and need to have a brake, this is the place.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have stayed in 7 ibis Budget Hotels and unfortunately this was the worse one! This Hotel is definately due a refit. Although Beds & rooms were clean enough to sleep there were too many other faults: Main communal areas had stained dirty carpets, marked, scraped walls. We had two rooms...1 had a missing window security latch, both shower/WC rooms were looking very poor! the first thing I did was pour sterilising liquid over the floor/WC etc followed by a kettle's worth of boiling water!!! One shower door had 2 pubic hairs stuck on the door !!! both showers has flaking plastic on walls. There was a notice in French on the shower door about the method of using the shower...(i dont read french fully) but did it really say to run the hot water for 5 mins??? We all decided not to have a shower for 2 days!! (Didn't want to catch Legionaires disease or something!) The hotel is in a retail park with plenty of shops, fast food resturants, 24/7 fuel station & 2 other budget hotels...be aware most will close on Sunday. Besancon is a nice historic town & worth a visit.....but I wouldn't stay in this Hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2014