US$81
La Villa Saint Pierre(Epernay)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$82
Premiere Classe Epernay(Epernay)(Great Value!)
US$82
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsinteresting artavenue de champagnechampagne housestown centrebooked lefreshly baked breadeggs cooked to orderbeautiful houseworth every europrivate parkingwalking distancefront of the housequiet streetsuperb breakfasttwin bedsiron gateshome cooked
Reviewed 6 June 2017

The hotel is nicely decorated and is clean. Walking distance from the central train station, restaurants, tourist office etc. However, one of the staff members was quite rude - knocked on our door 10 mins prior to the scheduled check out time and told us to hurry up (?!) I said - yes, we will check out in 5 mins… so before the indicated check out time... I have never before stayed at a hotel where they knock on your door and tell you to hurry up before the scheduled departure time. Upon departure, she didn't greet us, or ask about our stay - merely produced the bill. When we asked to leave our bags and return later, she acted as if this was an inconvenience (again, have never experience this before in a hotel or B&B) - thankfully the woman that appeared to be the owner stepped in and said of course it was fine for us to leave our bags. I therefore do not want to leave a bad review given that the lady who appeared to be the owner did not do anything wrong but this particular worker who was quite rude on two occasions should not work in hospitality. Put a dampener on what was otherwise a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderfully family owned manor house turned B&B (although breakfast is additional). We had a lovely, clean room on the 2nd floor with a comfortable bed and nice amenities. The staff was incredibly helpful. Breakfast was worth every euro! Delicious coffee (not found in Paris!), assorted home cooked breads and jams, eggs however you want them. All served with a smile.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelinKat
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

This was a nice room Ina lovely building near central Epernay. The hosts were very pleasant. However, the soundproofing in our room was virtually nonexistent and was exacerbated by guests coming home every 30 minutes or so through all hours of the morning. The guests in the room above us were awake drinking until around 3am, and a group of guests came home at around 3.30am and woke us and the hosts up by yelling to be let in as they seemed to be locked out. The hosts were very apologetic and did try to quieten down people at times but we were still wide awake between midnight to about 4am when we could finally get to sleep. Wifi and tv did not work either. All in all a disappointing stay for the price paid which was not at the cheap end.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick B
Reviewed 25 November 2016

My boyfriend had organised a weekend away to the Champagne region of France for my birthday and booked this hotel a few weeks before. He'd exchanged emails with a member of staff at the hotel and let them know our arrival time would be quite late (11 pm) and she'd confirmed that this would be fine. However, when we arrived, all the lights were off, and we got no response to our persistent ringing the doorbell and even phoning the hotel. In the end, in despair, we rattled the gates loudly, and finally managed to wake someone up.
The lady who answered the intercom was extremely rude and grumpy - she kept telling us it was 'too late' and we should have told them if we were going to arrive at this hour, etc (all in French - bear in mind our French is not very good - v stressful). 5 mins later she finally deigned to let us in. She then ranted at us some more, refused to believe that we'd told them we'd be arriving at this time (even when my boyfriend showed her the email we'd sent, and the reply we'd received, on his phone), kept saying that we should have phone ahead if we were going to be this late, etc etc. Eventually she basically threw down a key and didn't even bother showing us to our room. No welcome. No apology for not being around to let us in. No phonecall to ask where we were (they had my boyfriend's number). Nothing. We felt so miserable and stressed that we couldn't get to sleep for ages (and there wasn't even a minibar or some tea and coffee to distract ourselves).
So a very poor start! But luckily, things improved. The hotel is small, in a lovely old building. It's easy to walk to town, or the station, or the Champagne Avenue. Our room (the Coloniale room) was really nice - large, clean and we loved the decor. The next day, we met Helene, with whom we'd exchanged emails before, and she was very apologetic about the way we'd been treated the night before. We'd managed to negotiate breakfast being included, and it was delicious - fresh bread / pastries, local jams and cheeses, fruit, yoghurt, cereal etc. Helene helped with some local advice, train times to Reims etc, and we felt a lot happier. Later that day, we met the other woman again (who turns out to be the BOSS of this place!!) and she too was apologetic and explained that our arrival time had been miscommunicated to her. The next day she even bought me a mini bottle of champagne as an apology / birthday present.
To be honest, based on our experience when we first arrived at this hotel, I would have given it a 1. But to be fair, everything else was good. I really can't give it more than 3 though as the lady's attitude and rudeness to us on the first day really ruined our first evening. We were so disappointed as this was a special treat for my birthday and we'd been looking forward to it. If this is the way she treats guests (even if they do arrive quite late and she hadn't been informed) I'm not sure she should be running the place.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Thelastdodo2
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

It seems that Epernay has limited options for high end accommodation but I booked Le Clos Raymi for my wife's birthday expecting some serious luxury and a warm welcoming place to stay.

We had a shock on arrival to be greeted by the most miserable woman ever who barely grunted at us and handed us the keys. No welcome smile, no offer of help with bags or showing us around our room. Not a great start despite the beautiful building we were presented with.

The room itself had high ceilings and some nice features but I felt the pictures were not hugely representative of the room we were given and for the price (175 euros a night) I expected more.

The location is fantastic and the external building is beautiful but the unfriendliness of the owner and the slightly disappointing room proved to be a bit of a sting in the tail.

I recommend staying at the Moet hotel just around the corner which is cheaper and far grander with much better facilities in my opinion. I would not return unless the owner improves her attitude to her paying guests.

Stayed: November 2016