“Amazing!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Best restaurant of this trip! Really special. Much better than a starred restaurant we went in Strasbourg some days before.
Tasty food and creative dishes. Very attentive staff. Great experience!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I liked the restaurant and the food. We ate a very intersting starter with egg and mousse cafe and my main course (risotto with chicken) had an amazing taste which is difficult to achieve with such mainstream ingredients. The bad review has to do with the fact that my friend who had the duck plate had a food poison that night. Since it is a very serious accusation I would not write it unless we were 100% sure. In fact I waited plus another day to assure it was not alother illness. Although unacceptable, I can believe it could happen once also in the best restaurant. But I expect the corresponding responsibilty of their side. In contrast after my call the other day just to inform them, not only they took no responsibily but showed no interest about what I said. They should have taken some time to see where the problem could be and avoid it in the future. Really disappointed.

1  Thank annet_85_2013
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Restaurants come in all different shapes and sizes, price levels and food quality which makes the rating system difficult to compare against each other. With tis restaurant it could only be five excellent.
I like the room, although it is big and not cosy. This is due to the owners doing it so they can manage and still keep the quality up, this should be commended as it is not about packing it out and making money.
Well the lady in front of house was excellent, her knowledge of food and wine superb. She was friendly and very welcoming. Service was not fast but food came just about in time each time, which suggests the chef was doing it to order. We had a great value menu and the food was delicious. Wils had scallops to start and I had foie gras- both were fantastic. We both had the venison which was the most tender I have ever eaten. desert was not quite as strong but the bar had been set so high. The wine was quite expensive but very good.
All in all we will definitely come back as the restaurant definitely made a very positive impression of Beaune even on the most foulest of evenings, the rain was torrential.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Based on the restaurants website linked to Tripadvisor we tried to visit - the place is closed until March....

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had an amazing meal here this evening. The husband and wife team that run it create a perfect blend of good food and good service. Each course was well prepared and balanced while creative and inventive. There was a unique twist on the dessert course with tomato ice cream as one of the options that was great! To make it more perfect the wife who ran the front of the restaurant accommodated our English.