See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2016

Hidden away and really quite a surprise we had a room with a balcony we could sit out on with a very good view of the court yard. Many reviewers talk about paint and refurbishment but the hotel has charm and real authentic fixtures with pleasant seating areas inside and out .It is clean and tidy .If you want paint and modern go to a Novotel don't criticise this hotel .Would stay again ....breakfast was a good deal for France one of the best on our holiday and owners were helpful about the locality.

Room tip: Pick a room looking onto the court yard
Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 9 September 2015

I stayed there as I was competing in Ironman Vichy. It seemed according to everything I had read a quant hotel with charm.

It did have some charm but there was no seating in the court yard. As the hotel is on a main streeet it is almost impossible to unload or load easily. The garage which I has asked for is a few doors down and not practical for loading unloading as one has to stop first and get a key.

The rooms are a bit dated with a warddrope which seems as it has been there since the 2nd World War. The bed was comfortable. The shutter on the window was held together by a piece of wire, it should have been fixed.

The toilet as is often the case in French hotels due to a lack of space I guess in front of the shower and very awkward. There were no glasses only plastic cups to put toothpaste of toothe brush in and they kept falling out.

The breakfast was rather unimaginative, coissante which were excellent, bread, jams. The orange juice was pure power and horrible. The coffee was the worst I have ever tasted in years.

The owner and his wife were very pleasant guests but that is about all I can say of a positive nature. I was glad I did not stay longer than 5 nights.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Right in the centre of town, with restaurants & underground parking 2 minutes walk away. Very friendly exceedingly helpful staff. Clean & comfortable hotel.
On entering the combined reception/public lounge, you feel you have walked into Liberace's living room. Lots of faux-ormolu mirrors decorated with stickered curly-headed cherubims usher you past the piano, Gold Lamé chairs and adverts for the Miss Vichy 2015 pageant.
You find your rooms are spotlessly clean and comfy. One of you gets a subtly decorated room. The other is given a tart's parlour with an electric blue & purple duvet, pop-art Marilyn Monroe pics on the wall & purple & black chiffon butterfly motif curtains. Pop into the garden and you discover it contains the rear end of a Mississippi paddle steamer re-created, full-sized, in pink & white icing sugar. There is also a pet rabbit wandering around.
A very nice breakfast can be taken indoors in the dining room or in Barbara Cartland's garden. Your choice.
This is a very decent hotel, with loads of character. Next time I'm in Vichy, I won't look anywhere else.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank The_Round_One
Reviewed 31 May 2015

The hotel is quite dated and could do with renovation. The rooms or the bathrooms, etc are also not spacious with the tub height being a definite problem for elderly people. The walls (if they can be said so) between the rooms are so light that we could easily hear from the neighbouring room. We wouldn't stay here again.

The only reasons for giving two stars are:
- The staff was extremely friendly and tried their best (though they knew no English and we knew no French) to help us
- The location is quite good right in the centre of Vichy

Pls note parking is not free and one has to pay 8.5 Euros per day for parking.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed 12 April 2013

For my graduation celebration in Vichy I booked the Hotel du Rhone for 40 Euro per night. It was/is advirtised as 2 stars hotel, why I was happy to get a place. But the rooms are everything else than clean and proper.
When entering the shower I discovered than several black long hairs stick at the wall as well as something redbrown undefinable.
The basin also contains small hair (maybe from shaving). In short the cleaning personal should go on training again.
The condition of the reportoire is also not proper. Outside the shower, black dirt and rust are at the the toilet and at the basin.
The bathroom tissue holder is provisory repaired with a screw, which hangs completely out of the holder that the danger exists that people hurt themselves.
To advertise this as 2 stars hotel at want 40 Euro per night is lunatic.

Date of stay: April 2013