All reviewsbudget hotelcroissantsfree wifiboiled eggshamspoke good englishsecure parkinggreat hotelautoroutereceptionistfrancestopchainpillows
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Two of us arrived at 9pm on 14th August at the end of a 12 hour motorcycle ride from Spain in some atrocious weather conditions. We unloaded our bikes and went to the hotel reception. I presented my reservation details to the receptionist to be told that there was no reservation under my name. I asked them the check again and showed them my e-mail reservation confirmation. I was again advised that i did not have a reservation and because the hotel was full they could not offer me a room. They did insist that I wouldn't be charged so it wasn't a problem was it? The staff offered no apology just a classic Gallic shrug.

Because I didn't leave they eventually phoned a few local hotels and found us a room in what turned out to be a very poor hotel with an en suite that had come out of the cabin on a cross channel ferry and the worst continental breakfast I have ever had.

I left my contact details with the reception staff and asked to be phoned by someone on Monday as I would be traveling until then and unable to take phone calls. Monday came and went and there was no phone call. So I sent e-mails to the hotel and head office to ask for an explanation of what had happened. A week or so later I was contacted by the manager of the hotel (Mme Serret). I was unable to take her call. When I did call her back she was busy and asked that I e-mailed her. Not the best customer service is it. By e-mail she apologised for what had happened on August 14th, but offered no explanation.

When I checked my credit card statement I found that I had been charged for my room at the hotel. I contacted Mme Serret who initially said that I wouldn't have been charged, but after a bit of investigation she admitted that I had been charged and she arranged a refund.

I still had been given no explanation for why my booking had been cancelled or who by. I also had been given no more than a cursory apology. So a further exchange of e-mails with Mme Serret eventually revealed (almost 4 weeks after the event) that the member of staff who had taken my reservation and had cancelled it had only worked for the hotel for 2 months and no longer worked there. So I have to presume that she does not know why he cancelled my reservation.

I do wonder if I hadn't noticed that I had paid for a room that I hadn't stayed in would the hotel have ever noticed that they were paid twice on August 14 for one room and if they did would they have investigated it, contacted me and refunded me.

It may have just be the fault of one rouge member of staff and he may have been the receptionist I dealt with, but it does not reflect well on the hotel. Their selection process should be good enough to find staff who will do a good job. Also the time it has taken to not quite get to the bottom of what went on has been excessive. Overall I have been thoroughly unimpressed by the level of customer service offered by the hotel and its manager. The whole thing should have been resolved fully in a few days. i shouldn't have to keep hassling Mme Serret to get information. I am also very surprised not to have been offered a discounted stay at the hotel (even if I never intend to go back to Clermont Ferrand in my life) so that they can show me that they really do know how to look after guests, but maybe I am expecting too much considering the level of service that has been extended to me.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

Lovely hotel - clean room, ensuite, tv and air con. Storage space and desk/table for two. €55 Can't go wrong. Loads of eateries in walking distance and a Lidl. Secure gated parking. Reception ver friendly and FREE Wifi!!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Strevv
Reviewed 13 July 2015

The hotel is located close to a motorway and is typical of the chain hotels you find in "Commercial Parks". However, on a blisteringly hot day, the sign showing that it was air-conditioned immediately gave it good marks. We were greeted in a very friendly way by the receptionist (Barbara) who spoke excellent English. The corridors of the hotel were a little gloomy but the room was bright, clean and fresh with a comfortable bed. As a matter of interest, the TV had no foreign news channels and the WiFi connection was "variable" so using a tablet/iPad was, at times, rather frustrating. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. Under-baked oven rolls in the land of the fresh baguette is puzzling. You could boil your own eggs and there was some "tired looking" ham on display but no cheese. The fruit juice was good and there were croissants of various types. The breakfast room could be quite busy and the multi-role receptionist couldn't keep the breakfast bar stocked. If you were lucky there might be a banana in the fruit bowl.....then there were none and no more were put out. I know €6.70 isn't a fortune but I didn't think it was good value.
Overall however, the hotel represented good value for money and I would use it again. The hotel had a large secure carpark.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2015

Ideal location if you are travelling as we were. Great aircon as it was 41 degrees, the room was a good size with plenty of storage shelves. Plenty of restaurants around with good choice. Don't go for the breakfast as it was easily the worst we have ever had, and we have travelled extensively and have had good and bad. Lovely staff!

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2015

Only stayed about 6 hours in this place but it was delightful and very accomodating and I promised myself I'd leave a review. We had to leave at 5am and the guy working that night opened breakfast 1 hour early so we could get some food before we left and it was delicious. Great bread/cheese/eggs/meat/cereal selection. Tropicana OJ on tap was a rare treat also!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business