“Fabulous food and Great Service”
Review of Le Petit Commerce

Le Petit Commerce
Ranked #360 of 2,602 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My parents, sister and myself are here recently after stumbling across it when it started raining. It’s on a lovely bustling street and the restaurant itself was very popular and busy. We were seated up the back in a cosy and quieter room, which we loved and the atmosphere was really nice. Our waiter was so energetic and brought us menus in English which was very helpful. When the good game it was fantastic, there was sea bass, sole and a steak on the table. Portion size was great I didn’t fill too full and had room for their Creme brulee which was fantastic. Absolutely love this place and would definitely come back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,772)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited this restaurant in June 2017 and for some reason my review at that time finished up in cyberspace as it was sent from my phone - rather than my PC. Anyway, this review is based on notes, receipts and our combined memory.
Day94 and we're seated in a serious fish house on the recommendation of mine host at Bordeaux22. Too late in the season for the best oysters so salmon carpaccio as a shared starter was excellent with some tiny pickled capers and vegetables.Next came dorade (bream) and a cabuillaud (sea cod) both "pave" or pan seared. Very moist flesh and nicely cooked. Busy and small space so you need to book I reckon. A G&T, champagne and a bottle of Bordeaux semillon savignon blanc blend (A$50) came to A$187 with tip. Fresh fish fish and fish on the ice too. 8/10

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing reunion with friends and great food was absolutely a star... great value, attentive service and all the team was brilliant ... well done guys I wish u were in london :))) ciaoooo

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came on the recommendation of the patronne of a wine chateau we had visited earlier in the week. It was just as well we had made reservations, as the place was full the whole time we were there. An excellent selection of fish of all kinds was on offer. When we didn't recognise the name one of the varieties, a waiter pulled out his phone and showed us a photo. Service was friendly and good. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

I've been going to this restaurant for over 10 years. But tonight will be the last time I eat there.
Unfortunately, it has lost its French Heart & Sole. It used to be full of local people & the food was fantastic.
It has now expanded into three buildings. It should be called La Grand Commerce. As like many large organisations, they've forgotten their customers & gone for quantity & lost quality.
Now days it's full of tourists, very average food, a very limited menu & poor service.