“Worth a visit for the pork chop”

Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #395 of 2,680 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Price range: US$29 - US$90
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Respectful of the quality and freshness of local and regional products, the new menu of Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay proposes specialties of the South West of France with a British touch. Among the favorites on the Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay's menu: the Beef Wellington serving two, three or four people and the famous Fish & Chips will be on offer. As for the desserts list, Arthur Fèvre revamped some traditional recipes: Spring "Gariguettes" (a flavorsome type of strawberry), lemon tart, chocolate Fondant... The wine menu offers a large range including a fine selection of Bordeaux wines. The restaurant interior design, supervised by Jacques Garcia recalls the splendid Belle - Epoque style. He worked with a palette of colors inspired by the deep green glass of wine bottles, the golden hue of sweet white wines and the velvety color of Bordeaux red wines. Such a harmonious design acts as a tribute to Bordeaux wines and the symbolic hotel venue. The marriage between the elegant style of the design and Gordon Ramsay's passion for South West French produce gives a new breath to the brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay which has become the perfect Bordeaux's spot for French and British specialties. In summer, the terrace on the Place de la Comédie is an ideal meeting place to enjoy the warm sunny days in the heart of the city. Take the opportunity to have a cocktail, tea or coffee, or to have lunch on the terrace in this pleasant setting.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I consider the restaurant more upmarket-casual rather than fine dining, however, the Pork Chop dish was superb: the chop was huge and an excellent cut of meat, and the lentils dish was simply sublime.

Olivier M, F&B Manager at Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Sir,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing with us your experience in the Brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and I will not fail to share your feedback with all the members of the team.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again as soon as you are back in our beautiful region.

Kind regards from Bordeaux.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fabulous meal! We have eaten in some wonderful restaurants and this one is up there with the best. Beautiful food with a very friendly waiter. Food was outstanding. Brilliant oysters, lobster bisque, salmon starters, and Ramsay’s signature Beef Wellington was flavourful and cooked to perfection. Children’s menu was perfect and gave our 11 year old great quality at a 15 Euro rate for 3 courses. Our meal was appropriately priced for high end food, a varied wine list to suit your pocket but 16 euros for a G&T is just a tad too much! Despite this the ambience and high quality food made my sons birthday celebration very special. We’ll definitely be back!

Olivier M, Directeur de la restauration at Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a few lines about your experience at Le Bordeaux - Gordon Ramsay.

Your comments have been happily shared with the entire team. The Beef Wellington is indeed a delicious meal.

We are thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your meal and hope to see you in a near future, when you are back in our beautiful region.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a table for lunch and chose the grilled sole. I explained to the waitress that I have an allergy to garlic and would that present a problem? I was assured the dish had no garlic so I continued with my order. When presented to me, the potatoes were smothered in garlic. The plate was taken back to the kitchen and some time later the plate was returned with mashed potato but by this time the Sole was almost cold. Very disappointing as the meal was not cheap and I have eaten fish better prepared and cooked for a lot less. I did not bother to have dessert. I see GR has a TV programme where he advises and sorts out poor kitchens. I think he would be better employed sorting his own kitchen out. Won't be going back there in a hurry.

2  Thank peapodvayrac
Olivier M, Food and Beverage Manager at Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Sir,

To begin with, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feelings with us after your lunch experience in the Brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.

I can sadly read that you have not been satisfied with our service which I deeply regret. The Executive Chef is of course joining me to give you our most sincere apologies.

We are very concerned about what happened as it is clearly not the level of service we want to provide to our guests. I would like to assure that your feedback has been shared with all the members of the team and that we have taken corrective measures.

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly for any potential reservation in the future, it would be very important for us that you don't remain with those harsh feelings.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards from Bordeaux,

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

An impromptu lunch, board outside offered plat du jour 18 euros. We have eaten here 6 months ago & enjoyed the food. When we sat down service was slow & only on ordering we were told the plat du jour was finished.
We ordered from the main menu; the chicken in a Caesar salad was pink, the chips with my burger were part cooked & inedible.
When we got the bill for 96 euros 14 of this were 2 small bottles of coke & limonade! Service was mediocre & such a shame as our visit before was so positive.
To finish it off as we left the board offering plat du jour was still on display outside!
Catching customers or just careless management??
Gordon needs to visit!!!

1  Thank mladham
Olivier M, Food and Beverage Manager at Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Sir,

To begin with, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your lunch in the Brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.

I sincerely regret that your second visit has not been as positive as the previous one and I would like to assure you that your comment has been shared with the Executive Chef and the Assistant Manager of the Brasserie. We will work on corrective measures to improve the points you highlighted.

We are very concerned by your observations and this is obviously not the standards of service that we want to provide to our guests.

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly for any future visit, I will watch over your wellness as it is very important to us that you don't remain with those mixed feelings.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2018

The welcome was pleasant and the reserved table was ready. The service was good. The menu is very limited to meat and some fish. The food was ok but not really great as one would expect! Our ordered Filet Wellington was ok but did not really taste like it should have! And most of the dishes are expensive. The wine list is extremely large and also rather high priced.

Olivier M, F&B Manager at Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience in the Brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.

I can read that you haven't been completely satisfied with the quality and the variety of the food which I sincerely regret.

I would like to assure you that what you describe does not meet with the quality that we want to give to our guests.

I will not fail to share with our Executive Chef your feedback.

Nonetheless I hope that we will have the pleasure to see you again. It would be very important for us that you don't remind with those mixed feelings.

Kind regards,