“Not made to feel welcome”

Gino D'Acampo My Restaurant Manchester
Get food delivered
Ranked #269 of 2,508 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: My very first restaurant, in Manchester! Known for their football teams, music and nightlife, Manchester has always been a city after my own heart. I wanted to share my passion of classic well sourced real Italian food, served in relaxed and stylish surroundings, with my Mancunian friends. So I opened my first restaurant in the iconic Corn Exchange and I’m proud to offer everything from classic Neapolitan hand stretched pizza, freshly made pasta dishes and hearty mains prepared in the open kitchen to light cicchetti and aperitivo, which can be enjoyed out on the terrace. Whatever the Manchester weather, my team will always have a warm welcome for you.
Reviewed 2 June 2021

We stood and waited at the entrance table for ages despite several members of staff clearly seeing us, then when we asked for a table for 2 we were asked if we had booked and when I answered no he said he would have to check - fair enough - if it wasn't for the fact that the restaurant was almost empty! Then when he came back he sat us on a table out in the foyer area rather than in the restaurant. Within the space of less that 10minutes we had ordered our food and it had arrived!
The tomato garlic bread was burnt to a crisp and all your could taste was charcoal, when we informed the waiter he asked me "is it too burnt for you?" well if you have to ask if the level of burnt is too much then there is an issue. He did promptly replace it with one that was less burnt!
Overall the pizzas were definitely far from the best I've ever had, mine was watery with several areas of raw dough.
Definitely won't be returning.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank MrsB0303
Gino Manchester, General Manager at Gino D'Acampo My Restaurant Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi MrsB0303

thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment on your last visit at our restaurant,

we do work very hard to keep the highest standard of service and food quality,

if you would like to talk more about this please give us a call at 0161 827 4200

many thanks

Write a reviewReviews (1,996)

Reviewed 1 June 2021

First time I had been to Gino’s and I would definitely go back! I had pate for starter and steak for main. My partner had crab linguine. I thought the steak was good but certainly nowhere near the best steak Iv ever had. I think I’d have pizza or pasta if I went back. The service was excellent. Very attentive, the guy kept topping up our wine and I mentioned it was my partners birthday and they brought us a tiramisu and sang happy birthday! The decor and overall vibe was brilliant. Toilets need some improvement. The ladies have to use the disabled toilet near the entrance. I walked in on someone as there was no lock. Also no toilet roll and a puddle of something on the floor! Price was standard for a nice restaurant. Hope you find this review useful!

1  Thank 586bridieh

Hi 586bridieh,
thank you for taking the time in writing this review, Thank you very much for your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed our service and our food. Looking forward to welcome you back soon Thank you!

Reviewed 18 May 2021

Been here a few times, the food and service have always been brilliant till today.

The service was still great but the food (main meal) didn't live up to the previous standard.

The starters, Bruschetta & Garlic Bread were gorgeous, could of ate more.

I had the Spinach &Riccotta Ravioli, it lacked taste and seasoning.

Hubby had Pasta Bolognese and he said exactly the same about his.

This is a lovely restaurant, great atmoaphere, friendly and attentive staff, the food let this visit down .

1  Thank Bev R

Hi Bev R,

thank you for taking the time to write this review.

we do work very hard to keep the highest standard of service and food quality,

did you flagged your disappointment to any of our team member on the night?

many thanks

Reviewed 14 May 2021

Myself and my partner come here a lot. We feel welcome, well looked after and never want to leave.
All the staff are wonderful and do such an amazing job.
We'll be back very soon

Date of visit: June 2020
2  Thank Sharon H

Hi Sharon, thank you for taking the time in writing this review, glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Your happiness is always our priority. Looking forward to welcome you back soon. Grazie

Reviewed 7 May 2021

Server: Ubaldo

From start to finish, we was catered for in an amazing manner, both welcoming and warming. A great and healthy environment to enter after the tough few months previously, I feel confident to eat and dine out again in a comfortable manor with its staff that are attentive and always happy to be back serving customers again. I throughly enjoyed the lobster linguine and my wife enjoyed the cod dish, this was only topped by the great staff throughout. I love this place and would come again. A++++

2  Thank Jackpassqualey
Gino Manchester, General Manager at Gino D'Acampo My Restaurant Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Hi Jackpassqualey,

thank you for taking the time in writing this review,

glad to hear you enjoyed our Lobster Linguine and the Cod, as well as our service.
Your happiness is always our priority.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon

Grazie