“Delicious!”

Ranked #44 of 2,467 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$53 - US$79
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 'A place to blur day with night over cocktails and the country's finest meat' Time Out Manchester. Located in a late Victorian courthouse on Deansgate, next door to Spinningfields, our aim is to serve the best steaks in Manchester. The interior is true to the building and features lots of reclaimed materials from the era, including parquet flooring from a (different) courthouse, panelling from Birmingham's Sandwell College and (well-cleaned) glazed bricks from a public lavatory in Liverpool. As at all of our restaurants there's £5 corkage every Monday and on Sundays there's the roast beef that Observer Food Monthly named 'Best Sunday Lunch in the UK'. Manchester is perfect for a wide range of events including award ceremonies, film premier parties and cocktail receptions. The restaurant can accommodate up to 150 people and also has a private dining room for up to 14 people. For information on private hire and events, please contact our events department.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great first visit. Staff were very knowledgable of the food and the venue itself. I didn’t catch her name but woman with glasses served us - she deserves credit!
The food was delicious, we had the Chateaubriand which was insane. Only negative was the espresso we had to end the night tastier slightly funky.

I can’t wait to return and try it all again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent service, exemplary steak. From start to finish, the whole dining experience was fantastic.
Been several times and will be back several more!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Not the first time at Hawksmoor but an equally enjoyable experience as previous. We were celebrating my birthday, and Hawksmoor is perfect for special occasions, but can be appreciated at any time. The first thing to notice is the attentive and professional service which is pleasant but never overbearing. Always greeted with a smile and either taken to your table or seated in the bar area. The staff are always knowledgeable and willing to answer any question. The selection of food and drink on offer is always premium in taste and worth exploring. As it's a steak restaurant it's rude not to have a big juicy steak, but well worth trying other things on the menu. Our waiter on our most recent visit was able to work out it was my birthday and docked a beer off the bill which was a very nice touch. This doesn't, and never has felt forced and feels genuine. I've never felt so welcome in any bar and the service is always to the highest of standards. We had a good chat with the waiter regarding the Cloudwater IPA on the menu which was, as discussed, brilliant.

The food speaks for itself but as the food is usually eaten rather quickly, I will just add that it's exceptional and never drops below the standards expected. On my most recent occasion I tried the additional bacon with the steak. This was one of the tastiest things my girlfriend and I have ever tasted. After eating the steak, tasting the bacon and knowing the chicken is delicious, surely Hawksmoor would smash a mixed grill out the park ;)

Overall a must for anyone visiting Manchester (but you will most likely have to book)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Visited here as a Birthday Treat Sunday afternoon. Our first time here but with others who had been here. it is a well run restaurant with some attention to detail. The waiting on staff are very attentive with water glasses filled regularly.
We had steak and fish all were very well cooked and the steaks served with a choice of sauces. Vegetables and fries are extra on the menu.
A very good meal but a bit on the expensive side for me and only as a special treat.
A small coke size can of beer is £5. We did not look at the wine menu due to it being an afternoon.
The sweet's were very good but also expensive. However on the most expensive they do donate a portion to charity.
A great afternoon with very good atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Ambiance, great service and great food. You can ask for nothing more!
I really can't find fault
In this case you do get what you pay for
Thanks Hawksmoor!