“Lovely meal”

Glamorous Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #575 of 2,418 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$29 - US$50
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Glamorous we serve the best in authentic Chinese dishes. All our meat and vegetable are sourced locally and freshly prepared by our expert chefs so you will always have a delicious and satisfying experience.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My Wife and I went to celebrate a special birthday.
Glad we booked a table as it was very busy, thankfully we didn't have to join the large queue of people who had just turned up.
We've been here before and each time has been very good, this time we thought that we'd try Dim Sum as well and the waiter was marvellous, explained the different types and how to order it (some are stocked on the carts going round and others need to be ordered) - we had different types, my Wife went off to find a cart - the waitress, noticing my Wife's crutches insisted on carrying her choice back to our table, thank you, it's things like this that make a difference.
Having read some of the other reviews I think that we had been seated at the table in the corner where his/her party had been forgotten howevever we did not experience that, we found the staff very much "on the ball" we were asked if we wanted some courses bringing together or at intervals and everything arrived just as we asked.
The food was lovely (all the courses) and again we were delighted with the whole experience.
Please bear in mind that this is an exceedingly busy restaurant, large tables, families, children around so if you're looking for a quiet meal you should ring first and find out the quieter times. Top tip - book a table in advance, it'll save you a long wait!
Our meal came to £48 for two, however that was our choice, it is as cheap or expensive as you wish to make it - one thing that is consistent is the standard of the food, I can certainly recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went back to the Glamorous restaurant after a very good meal last time.

Place has under cover parking and is above the Wing Yip warehouse.

Food is of excellent quality, plentiful dish sizes and a very extensive menu for all tastes.

We had the Banquet A which at £23 a head is very good value, for the quality and quantity you will not beat this restaurant, we took enough home for tea the next day.

The restaurant is large and a majority of diners were of Chinese descent which speaks volumes in my eyes, the only criticism I could make was that the air conditioning unit was blowing cool air which made our backs cold but this may have been the table position but don't be put off by that.

1  Thank Stockrom
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited on Saturday lunch and the place was heaving, the dim sum come round on small heated trollies and you pick the delights that take your fancy. Some of the delquacies on the menu I have not seen outside Hong Kong and are an acquired taste. The pigs tripe, beef tendons & chicken feet are some of the more exotic dishes and well worth a try if you are adventurous, I am and I love them. The place is a real Chinese locals hangout and is far better than anything in China town. The staff are really helpful if you are a little confused about the menu. When you have finished your meal there is always the supermarket down stairs for all the Chinese cooking needs.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great service, and excellent dishes. Thre roasties..and friend chichen whole was del7cious anx crunchy. Morning glory was tasty. Also the service was fast and discreet. We had a great time with friends.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with family and had a mix of vegetarian dishes. Food was excellent and both the food and the drinks were great value.

Service was friendly, efficient and unrushed.

It was a bit cold on the night we were in there, hence only four stars.