“Gréât place”

Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

Gréât place to eat ! Very respectful, food is not the best I have ever had but still of a high standard. Food is very slow to come out hence the 4 star.
The place has now closed t’down such a shame

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

If I want to eat good sushi, it’s the only place that I will go. They have a good selection of starters and main, the lobster tempura is excellent and their cocktails are really good.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I visited with friends on the evening of 22nd September. I use a wheelchair- website says wheelchair accessible, I called the day before to let them know (I shouldn't have to). I got there and there's a step; hostess clueless and unhelpful and says there's no ramp. It's a legal requirement. Demanded to see manager, who made excuses and I had to threaten litigation before he would get a ramp from a competing establishment. A really unsatisfactory start to the evening, and the food was pretty average. They also do not respond to emails. I suggest they train their hostess on basic UK equality law.Get a ramp. It's the law.

4  Thank Alexandra616
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

On my first time patronising Sakana, via Deliveroo, I had the beef teriyaki. It tasted bitter/sweet. More bitter than sweet. The beef was hard, dry and stale tasting. The meal was lukewarm on arrival, even though delivery took less than 5mins. Not sure how they managed to screw up a simple classic meal. I doubt I’ll ever be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank f0lz
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Can’t fault the service. Hot dishes ordered were nice, don’t go for the sushi.
Sushi was poor, couldn’t distinguish the flavours/fillings of some of them, others bland, cut into very large pieces which were difficult to eat, most fell apart. Decent cocktails.

Date of visit: September 2018
SakanaPanAsian, Public Relations Manager at Sakana Pan Asian, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for your review.
On behalf of the management team at SAKANA PAN ASIAN, I’m sorry to read that your recent dining experience did not meet your personal expectations.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me via petr.kaiser@sakanapan-asian.co.uk We do not wish for any customer to leave feeling unsatisfied or disappointed, and we're sorry this has been the case for you. We do hope you decide to join us again in future.

Best Wishes,