“A great place for breakfast or coffee in Manchester!”
Review of Sugar Junction

Sugar Junction
Ranked #3 of 50 Dessert in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Had breakfast here. They have a great selection menu of big breakfast menu for the vegetarian or non-vegetarian. My veggie brekkie of English muffins with poached egg, saute garlic mushroom, kale, avocado, hash brown and baked beans certainly filled me up. Their coffee was excellent and a big cup indeed! They also serve tea and scones if you wish to have that instead or in the afternoon. Will go again when I am back in Manchester next time.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We managed to shake the kids in Affleks and found this lovely place to seat and enjoy a grown up brunch.

Stacked avocado with eggs and eggs benedict....runny and just right, tasty thick bacon. Sourdough and muffins all served by a fantastic team of hipsters with fabulous hair styles....you know who you are!

The styling is really very nice, quite simple vintage but no sign of the usual over the top flouncy flower look, this place is much more sophisticated.

Thanks for a lovely experience.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I wrote a review on the 12th March where they served chilli sauce instead of cranberry.
I have not revisited sugar junction but this review is concerning their customer service to my direct complaint to them about our afternoon tea. The management were very apologetic and very quick at answering emails so I have to say their customer service was very good. Our bill was £120 and they gave us a full refund. This review is just to say thank you to them for great customer after care.

1  Thank Julia W
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Lovely environment and music, amazing food and tea (possibly the best tea I have had so far)! Pancakes could have been warmer, the staff member seemed rushed (we felt pressured to order quickly) and the tea filters were dirty, but overall it was a good experience and we will definitely come back, thank you!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Rude. Snobbish. Unhelpful. Arrogant. Unwelcoming. Lazy. Staff appalling.

I was so excited about visiting after my cousin told me how amazing the cakes were. We arrived, soaking wet, to be told there were no tables. The staff obviously wanted us to leave but I wanted to wait. A lovely couple offered us two seats but the staff rushed over to say it was a fire hazard. I began to explain I only meant for two of my kids to sit there and then saw the look of disdain on the waitresses faces and gave up. I said we’d find somewhere where the staff were more friendly.
I’ve never been made to feel more unwelcome. I was going to buy lunch for five of us. Not only will my cousin never go again, we’ll tell everyone to steer clear. The waitresses could not have been more unfriendly.