“If you enjoy waitresses rolling their eyes ....”
Review of Sugar Junction

Sugar Junction
Ranked #3 of 51 Dessert in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Rude. Snobbish. Unhelpful. Arrogant. Unwelcoming. Lazy. Staff appalling.

I was so excited about visiting after my cousin told me how amazing the cakes were. We arrived, soaking wet, to be told there were no tables. The staff obviously wanted us to leave but I wanted to wait. A lovely couple offered us two seats but the staff rushed over to say it was a fire hazard. I began to explain I only meant for two of my kids to sit there and then saw the look of disdain on the waitresses faces and gave up. I said we’d find somewhere where the staff were more friendly.
I’ve never been made to feel more unwelcome. I was going to buy lunch for five of us. Not only will my cousin never go again, we’ll tell everyone to steer clear. The waitresses could not have been more unfriendly.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had cake and cocktails for about a tenner. Nice selection of cocktails and presentation in vintage style glasses. Not a huge range of cakes but interesting options like rasperry or rhubarb cake. Large slice. Service a bit slow. Quite busy but then we were on our own downstairs. Probably a bit nicer upstairs. Sure there was something up with the plumbing as a bit of an odd smell but guess that would be temporary. Quirky furniture and crockery. Overall good option.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We were a large group visiting after a night out in Manchester... great service very accommodating... would highly recommend

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My travel partner and I were looking for a place to grab a cup of coffee and some food and a place to set up shop while we worked remotely. We went in the middle of the week and arrived around 11:30a - the place was nearly empty. Lunch rush came in around 12:30. Amazing food and even more amazing home made cakes. Try the Lemon Sponge! Delicious variety of teas and reasonably priced. Definitely stop in!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The restaurant where we were going to eat was full, so we were asked to come back in half an hour. As we didn't want to drink alcohol our options for a pre-dinner drink were limited. There were a couple of cafes in the Tib Street area, but they were closed so we were delighted that Sugar Junction was still open at 7.15pm. The ambience is just lovely - quaint and cosy, yet still feeling contemporary. It is a 'retro' cafe, with mismatched china and furniture, but the menu has some interesting soft drink choices as well as teas and coffees. The music playing was, again, unusual for a cafe frequented by young people, but maybe Perry Como is making a comeback....and I appreciated the choice of song!