“Rainy afternoon”

Jamboree Foodfest & Bar
Ranked #881 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Description: A Celebration of food inspired by flavours from around the world. Open up and discover a taste to fuel your POWOW!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice cosy atmosphere, trendy bar, service quick and friendly. Highly recommend moris major burger with a gin knees up! Yum! Instantly rebooked this hotel for our Park-life weekender

2  Thank Wutangmustang
Emad B, General Manager at Jamboree Foodfest & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your experience in Jamboree.

It is always a pleasure to receive a lovely 5 star review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the burger and gin & thank you for recommending the same.
I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff to keep giving good service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to seeing you back on Park-life weekender.

Emad Barday

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly staff , great cocktails and plenty of space to enjoy an evening out. We ordered Espresso Martini and it was one of the best we've ever had

1  Thank CarolineParker100

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your experience in Jamboree.

It is always a pleasure to receive a lovely 5 star review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the cocktails at our bar.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to seeing you back.

Emad Barday

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Firstly, when we went in it was extremely noisy. I couldn't hear my friend talking so we tried to move seats. We were told that an area was closed so we found another seat that wasn't much better.

Then we were asked for our drinks orders. I asked for a coke, a milkshake and water and the waiter didn't sound like he spoke English amazingly as he said the drinks back and added water on the end. When I checked the menu and they sold water I clarified that it was tap water. The waiter then brought the coke and water but no milkshake. I thought it was still being made so it didn't concern me.

Secondly, another waitress then came over and took our food orders and then we waited for a while for them to be brought out. When they arrived I asked for the milkshake and this was brought over by the first waiter.

We then flagged down the waiter for our bill as we were in a rush to go to the theatre. He started to come over with the bill and then disappeared. When he came back I thought the bill was high and noticed that there was a service charge of £3.80 added on. For 2 people eating a burger! I asked for this to be removed out of principle. I never pay a service charge, even if I tip the same out. When he returned with the second receipt he then disappeared and we decided to go to the bar to pay as we were really in rush. Then I noticed that there was an extra milkshake on there. They had added another one on instead of bringing me the first one I had ordered.

It had been about 70 minutes since we had sat down so we decided to go to the bar to pay. The bar staff said that they couldn't change the receipt until they asked the waiter if it was correct. The waiter then returned and said that he couldn't amend the receipt, he had to get the manager. I pleaded with him because we were now late for the theatre but he ran off into the back to get the manager. The manager returned and kept asking us which one of the receipts was correct. I explained that neither were correct, the first had the service charge on and the second still had 2 milkshakes on. He looked utterly bewildered. He had his mobile phone with him and started to calculate and then said that he needed to put the order back into the ipad to generate a new receipt!!! He looked utterly confused.

I said just take £4.50 off the price of £34.90, it's £30.50! simple maths. He accepted this because I was angry and then put it into the card machine. I'm never going back. No apologies or anything and it took us 20 minutes to pay, making us late for the theatre :(

Note. I have had a local tapas restaurant not bring a dish out before and didn't realise until I saw it on the receipt. I pointed it out to a different waiter who said sorry about that and amended the receipt there and then. Simple. Not the case here!

1  Thank K J
Emad B, Manager at Jamboree Foodfest & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded today

Thank you KJ for your review.

It is with regret that your experience at Jamboree Foodfest did not met your expectations or our usual standards. I would appreciate the chance to speak directly with yourself regarding your experience. Please can you email the hotel on HA0H5@accor.com for the attention of myself with your contact details?

Kind regards,

Victoria

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ate here while staying at the neighbouring Iris Styles hotel. I opted for the 3 course menu at £19.95 which includes any starter, any burger and any dessert. The fish cakes (labelled as vegetarian!) were sadly tasteless but my burger was nice and the fruit salad was very nice. They also stock a reasonable range of beers.

Emad B, General Manager at Jamboree Foodfest & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Paul

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed certain elements and your feedback shall be considered in our development of the new menu to be launched soon at Jamboree

Look forward to welcoming you back to Jamboree

Emad B

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Looks great from the outside. Visited with six work colleagues. They struggled to find us a table, in spite of minimal covers on the premises at the time, so ended up on a low bench like thing. Two of us had our legs up against a wooden support wall, not exactly comfortable.

20 mins to get 7 straightforward drinks delivered from the point of ordering rang the necessary alarm bells. Starter of serrano ham croquetas was good but small (poor value at £5.95). Ordered the Casablanca lamb burger for main which equated to a brioche bun with iceburg lettuce, a slice of tomato and six tiny strips of beautifully cooked lamb. No issue with the food quality at this stage but for £11 odd value for money was absolutely atrocious. A colleague ordered the better looking Morris Major beef burger but they refused to swap his normal fries for the sweet potato ones, even though the fries are all served in sepaate bowls. Complained at this stage and my 'burger' was swapped for the beef version and was OK.

Had ordered a meal deal up front comprising of starter, main and dessert and had opted for the chocolate brownie sundae. The desserts took almost half an hour to arrive after the mains were cleared and mine comprised of a prawn cocktail type bowl of vanilla, strawberrry and chocolate ice cream, topped with whipped cream and two inch square pieces of brownie (picture attached). Not so much an ingredient as a dressing.

Refused to pay for it which to be fair they deducted from the bill, plus a 20% discount on the total.Having paid it, we were then presented with another bill asking for £2 more. You couldn't make it up - an amateurish catalogue of rubbish service and over-priced fare. One colleague commented on it being probably the worst service he had ever encountered.

As we left, the audio system was belting out Shania Twain. It didn't impress us much either, Shania.......suggest you avoid. Promised much, delivered litttle. Sadly zero scores are not available.

1  Thank Kanga28

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to us.

I have discussed in detail about what we could have done better and why things may have not been the way one would have expected

If you would like to give us another try please let me know by email at ha0h5@accor.com and we shall do our best to change your past experiences of us

Have a fantastic Easter weekend