“Average but good enough. Proper Tea in a pot (if you ask)”
Review of Asda Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Asda Cafe
Ranked #392 of 557 Restaurants in Doncaster
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Standard supermarket breakfast. Not as good as Morrisons but better than Tescos (MUCH better than Tescos). Price is OK but they cannot match Morrisons up the road. Eat here a lot all the same. Just breakfasts, thats all for me. They of course do some other things.

Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

I went along with a four year old, she had a kids meal and I had a jacket potato. Her meal was a really good size although she did say that the sausages were very spicy. My jacket potato however was tiny! 2 that size wouldn't have even made a decent sized portion. They also used the pre coated, ready grated cheese which didn't melt at all on the potato. The staff were very friendly and I would go back, just maybe choose something different next time!

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Visited the store and required a brunch stop after shopping. The service was good, drinks okay. We had a bought in toastie each, personally I found mine eatable but the filling was mediocre and would not recommend to others.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

OK many people might not consider an Asda café worthy of reviewing, but they can be, we are staying at the Campanile Hotel, the breakfasts here are "extra" £9 per person per day, on day one we used the Hotel for breakfast, nothing special, very limited continental options, one type of Danish Pastry, one type of Yoghurt, one type of cold meat, one type of cheese, small bowl of mixed fruit not the usual options we are used to, the hot breakfast option was not much better, so since then we have been using the Asda café for breakfast and early dinner, the All day breakfast was excellent value for money, £5 for 2 sausages, 2 bacon, bread and butter, beans, chips and an egg.

Personally I would have preferred fresh or tinned tomatoes and mushrooms to the chips but still a good and filling meal equal to the quality of the hotel.

Staff were efficient and cheerful and of course being Asda the café was clean.

It is a short and pleasant 5 minute walk through the lovely gardens of the Dome to get to the café so no hardship there and no need for a car.

The menu has a number of options such as Fish n Chips, Filled Yorkshire Pudding, Steak and Ale Pie, Scampi etc all very reasonably priced.

Open from between 8:30 and 9am until around 4:30 to 5pm

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Only came here as Mcdonalds was heaving and I wasnt expecting much and I wasnt wrong! Half the food served must of been on the floor underneath my table. The servers seemed to not know their own menu. The saving grace was the deals and the size of the drinks. If they tidied up could become a 4 star place