“Excellent Food and Service!”
Review of The Old GlassHouse

The Old GlassHouse
Ranked #3 of 169 Restaurants in Dudley
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have visited this restaurant a few times and can't fault it. The food was delivered quickly and was delicious even for a vegetarian! The staff were very attentive and friendly. I would definitely recommend and will be going back!!

1  Thank Paige W

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went here on a recommendation by a friend but wouldn't recommend this to anyone. The food was nothing special. Pretending to be 'gastro' but completely misled. Very expensive and below average. Lacked any kind of ambience. Even the salt and black pepper was cheap.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on Friday 30th March with my girlfriend, daughter and daughters friend. Greeted by nobody at all on entry to the restaurant, which wasn’t a good start. Seated at thoroughly vile and sticky table which was blamed on “varnish” by member of staff. Girlfriend visited the toilets to find that all 5 cubicles were empty of toilet roll. When she mentioned this to a member of staff, the waitress went to the men’s and got a half empty roll from there! Wow.

What is quite worrying is the 2-4-1 is a fiddle. The children’s meals with classed as free against the much more expensive adult mains. What a con, and very sneaky. Children’s meals are non existent apart from “fishfingers” anyhow.

Food is good which is a positive. I had the Persian lamb which was tasty and well presented. The pint of peroni was a clean, sharp taste too. Starters were ok but not spectacular.

Overall, there is much better places to eat and drink in the area and the 2 most basic problems this place has, is disinterested staff and zero ambience. A shame, given the unique setting.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I took my husband here for his birthday on recommendation by one of my friends. I won’t be recommending it to anyone due to the fact that the food was average at best and didn’t match up to the prices. The desserts were the worst I’ve had in a restaurant. The ambience was non-existent because there were no customers there other than us. The salt and pepper for seasoning on the table did not fit in with the type of establishment they portray themselves to be. Overall, unsatisfactory experience. The only highlights was the building as it is of historical relevance .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this place's "Bistro Room" after a friends recommendation for my parents Golden Wedding Anniversary, a lovely modern building in a former Fire Station! The food options suited everyone & tasted absolutely fantastic, the staff are very courteous & nothing was to much trouble, they even let us re-range the tables & jazz up the room with pictures & balloons to suit our special family event. I can't recommend this place highly enough. 10/10.

1  Thank Darren_In_Dudley